Centralia Police Department
BMX-Style Bike Stolen
• At 9:56 a.m. on Tuesday, a gold BMX-style bicycle was reported stolen in the 600 block of West Center Street.
Yard Ornaments Taken
• At 11:17 a.m. on Tuesday, yard ornaments were reported stolen in the 300 block of South Silver Street.
by Passing Car
• At 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a pedestrian being brushed by a passing car at the intersection of Pearl and Pear streets.
• At 1:33 p.m. on Tuesday, cash was reported stolen from an office in the 1800 block of Cooks Hill Road.
Assault Suspect Booked
• At 2:07 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Robert S. Bold, 67, of Centralia, in the 1500 block of Harrison Avenue, on suspicion of third-degree assault.
Teens Referred to Court for Brandishing Weapon
• At 8:52 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a display of a weapon in the 200 block of East Oakview Avenue and North Tower Avenue. Officers contacted a 14-and a 15-year-old. One was referred for charges to Lewis County Juvenile Court on suspicion of brandishing a weapon during a dispute with another teen. The second suspect was referred to juvenile court on suspicion of making a false statement to a police officer.
• At 8:26 a.m. on Wednesday, a David Bradley garden tiller was reported stolen in the 3100 block of Borst Avenue.
Theft Suspect Arrested
• At 2:59 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested David W. Normand, 24, of Centralia, near the intersection of Main and Washington streets, on suspicion of second-degree theft.
Suspect Booked on Meth Charge, Warrant
• At 3:09 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Patrick E. B. Ashley, 39, of Chehalis, in the 100 block of South Silver Street on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and an outstanding warrant.
License Plate Stolen
• At 6:53 p.m. on Wednesday, a license plate was reported stolen in the 2400 block of Borst Avenue.
Man Booked After Attempted Bite
• At 9:14 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Glen T. Smith, 36, of Centralia, in the 100 block of south Silver Street. Smith allegedly attempted to bite a police officer while being put in restraints. He is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of felony harassment, resisting arrest and obstructing officers.
• At 6:56 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a mailbox in the 1500 block of North Scheuber Road.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 10:43 a.m. on Tuesday, a trespasser was reported in the 600 block of Northwest Hawthorne Place.
• At 7:20 a.m. on Wednesday, trespassers were reported living on private property in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Tree Causes Dispute
• At 11:34 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a civil dispute in the 1000 block of South Market Boulevard. A person reportedly cut their neighbor’s tree down.
Accused Shoplifter Cited
• At 5:39 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue to a report of a shoplifter. Lori J. Mathat, 41, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Hit and Run
• At 1:14 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The fleeing vehicle was described as a silver PT Cruiser.
Woman Locked in Building
• At 6:18 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a woman trapped in a locked building in the 2000 block of North National Avenue. The woman identified herself as an employee at the business.
• At 11:22 p.m. on Tuesday, malicious mischief was reported to cars in the 1000 block of Northwest Prindle Street. Two vehicles were keyed.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Suspect Arrested for DUI After Dispute
• At 2:49 a.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded along with the Toledo Police Department to a report of a dispute in the 500 block of Nelson Road in Winlock. Richard A. Ledford, 43, of Winlock, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after he reportedly attempted to leave the scene.
Suspect Accused of Assaulting Officer, Spitting in Car During Warrant Arrest
• At 10:43 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a man with a warrant trespassing at a house in the 600 block of Northwest Hawthorne Place in Chehalis. Deputies confirmed the felony warrant and arrested Drake A. Lorber, 27, of Chehalis. During the arrest, Lorber allegedly started to scream, tried to pull away from arresting deputies, and hit his head on the side of a patrol car. He allegedly kicked a deputy and spit all over the back of a patrol car, causing it to need to be cleaned and taken out of service. Lorber was also booked on suspicion of third-degree assault and second-degree malicious mischief.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Wednesday, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 192 inmates, with 161 in general population and 31 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 130 were men and 31 were women. Of WERC inmates, 26 were men and 5 were women. A total of 38 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.