Centralia Police Department
Car Hits Tree in Downtown Centralia
• At 1:09 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a car crash at the intersection of Tower and Pear streets in which a passenger car hit a tree, breaking the tree in half and totaling the car.
• At 3:59 p.m. on Monday, an attempted burglary was reported to a fenced area in the 900 block of South Gold Street.
• At 4:08 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a male shoplifting alcohol in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. The report is under investigation.
• At 5:12 p.m. on Wednesday, alcohol was reported stolen from a store in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
• At 4:44 p.m. on Monday, gasoline was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Mellen Street.
Suspect Booked for Probation Violation, Resisting Arrest
• At 7:11 a.m. on Tuesday, Kevin G. Blosser, 36, of Centralia, was arrested in the 100 block of West Maple Street for allegedly violating the Centralia 24/7 Safe and Sober Program and for resisting arrest after allegedly attempting to flee when officers tried to take him into custody.
• At 7:59 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a person stealing power at a public utility pole at a vacant house in the 900 block of West Walnut Street.
Protection Order Violated
• At 8:12 a.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1000 block of North Pearl Street and arrested Sarah M. Culp, 35, of Centralia, on suspicion of violation of a protection order.
Teen Faces Charge for Brass Knuckles
• At 9:47 a.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 800 block of Eshom Road after receiving a report that a 15-year-old boy brought brass knuckles to school. Brass knuckles are illegal in Washington. He is being referred for charges to juvenile court prosecutors.
Laser Light Projector Stolen
• At 12:20 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of a laser light projector from a front yard in the 800 block of G Street.
Pop Can Breaks Glass
• At 2:26 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 300 block of Yew Street. A person reported an unknown person threw a pop can through a window, breaking the glass.
Christmas Lights Damaged
• At 2:43 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of malicious mischief to Christmas lights in the 600 block of North Pearl Street.
Theft Reported from Store
• At 3:18 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of merchandise from a business in the past few days in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue.
• At 4:01 p.m. on Tuesday, fuel was reported stolen from the 1300 block of North Washington Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 5:21 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a hit and run in a parking lot in the 2600 block of Cooks Hill Road.
Driver Cited After Crash
• At 4:23 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a single vehicle collision in the 800 block of North Gold Street. A driver was cited for second-degree negligent driving.
Identity Theft Under Investigation
• At 9:11 a.m. on Wednesday, credit card fraud and identity theft was reported in the 500 block of Hillkress Avenue.
• At 11:28 a.m. on Wednesday, a BMX-style bicycle was reported stolen in the 500 block of North Iron Street.
Woman Convinces Store Employee to Give Her Money
• At 11:40 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of $150 in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A woman allegedly stole the money by convincing a store employee that she was owed a refund.
Suspect Booked on Heroin Charge
• At 12:20 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to the 100 block of East High Street and arrested Daniel D. Vancil, 22, of Centralia, on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Assault Suspect Booked
• At 1:31 p.m. on Wednesday, a money order was reported stolen and cashed in the 1400 block of Harrison Avenue.
• At 2:54 p.m. on Wednesday, a chainsaw was reported stolen during a vehicle prowl in the 800 block of Marion Street.
Man Arrested After Malicious Mischief Report
• At 6:18 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 800 block of Vienna Street and arrested John R. Gladue III, 37, of Centralia, on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief, resisting arrest and interfering with a healthcare facility.
Man Booked on Six Theft Charges
• At 8:25 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue. Samuel T. McQuigg Jr., 25, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of six counts of third-degree theft. He was accused of stealing merchandise from the store on several occasions in the past two days.
• At 8:56 p.m. on Wednesday, a blue 2005 Harley Davidson was reported stolen in front of a business in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue.
Chehalis Police Department
Centralia Man Arrested on Theft, Trespass, Assault Charges
• At 9:34 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A male suspect allegedly attempted to fraudulently return items, and while leaving was accused of pushing employees. Ray J. Schindelwolf, 30, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass, third-degree theft and fourth-degree assault.
• At 2:40 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of an assault at the intersection of Chehalis Avenue and Park Street.
• At 4:30 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 12:57 p.m. on Wednesday, a first-degree theft was reported in the 1400 block of South Market Boulevard. An investigation is ongoing.
Phone Harassment Reported
• At 3:47 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of telephone harassment from the 300 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 8:50 a.m. on Wednesday, an excavator was reported stolen in the 600 block of Northwest State Avenue.
Window Damaged with BB Gun
• At 9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a vehicle’s window on Southwest Chehalis Avenue. The window was reportedly shattered by a BB gun.
• At 7:29 a.m. on Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 400 block of Northeast Adams Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Firearms, Car Parts Taken in Morton Burglary
• At 10:31 a.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the previous five days in the 300 block of Davis Lake Road in Morton. A 64-year-old male victim reported he returned to his property Monday to find a door forced open and guns and car parts stolen from a residence and garage.
TV, Suitcase, Blankets Stolen from Elderly Women
• At 10:49 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary sometime that day in the 200 block of Joppish Road in Centralia. The victims, 95- and 70-year-old women, reported a Samsung 42-inch TV, a purple suitcase and afghan blankets were stolen. The burglary is under investigation.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 227 inmates with 199 in general population and 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 167 were male and 32 female and of WERC inmates, 23 were male and five female. A total of 50 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
• For the month of November, the Lewis County Jail had an average total facility population of 197. General population had an average population of 169 and the WERC unit had an average population of 28. Throughout the month, an average of 50 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.