Centralia Police Department
Tools Stolen in Burglaries
• At 7:03 a.m. on Tuesday, tools were reported stolen from a shed at a business in the 300 block of Galvin Road in Centralia. The theft reportedly occurred the previous weekend.
• At 7:09 a.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported at a business in the 300 block of South Tower Avenue. Unknown suspects broke a window and stole thousands of dollars worth of “high-end” power tools, according to the police department.
Woman Cited for Brass Knuckles
• At 8:10 a.m. on Tuesday, police cited Jody L. Forga, 22, of Centralia, in the 100 block of West Maple Street on suspicion of possession of a dangerous weapon after she allegedly tried to bring a pair of brass knuckles into Centralia Municipal Court.
on Assault Charge
• At 5:56 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested a juvenile male on suspicion of second-degree assault in the 900 block of Atherton Street in Centralia. He allegedly hit a family member with a baseball bat during a dispute.
• At 8:16 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report that a juvenile male assaulted another juvenile male after a dispute over money in the 800 block of Eshom Road. The suspect was arrested and released and will be referred for possible charges to Lewis County Juvenile Court.
From Retail Stores
• At 12:38 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of merchandise from a retail store in the 1400 block of Lum Road.
• At 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday, jeans and shoes were reported stolen from a retail store in the 1200 block of Lum Road.
Vehicle Slides into China Creek
• At 5:27 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a crash in which a vehicle slid off a roadway and into China Creek at the intersection of Gold Street and Ham Hill Road. The passengers were able to exit the vehicle with minor injuries. The driver was issued an infraction for negligent driving, according to the police department.
Alleged Shoplifter Cited
for Giving False Name
• At 8:10 p.m. on Tuesday, police cited William C. Swager-Larson in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of third-degree theft and providing false information. Swager-Larson allegedly gave a fake name to officers after being arrested on suspicion of shoplifting.
• At 6:10 p.m. on Tuesday, a cellphone was reported stolen in the 400 block of West Main Street.
Teen Arrested on Heroin Possession, Warrant
• At 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested a 16-year-old juvenile male in the 1200 block of Mellen Street on an outstanding warrant. Officers discovered the teen was allegedly in possession of heroin, and arrested him on that charge as well.
Men Dine and Dash
• At 12:06 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of food in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue. Two men reportedly ordered food at a business, ate the food, but didn’t pay for it.
Chehalis Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 9:07 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 12:47 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a scam from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A person reported she was told she would win a Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes if she bought a prepaid card.
Counterfeit $20 Spotted
• At 1:18 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a person attempting to use a counterfeit $20 bill at a store in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue.
• At 6:56 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of a longboard in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Driver Cited After Chehalis Crash
• At 11:25 a.m. on Saturday, deputies with the Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a crash in the 200 block of Romerman Road in Chehalis. The 37-year-old female driver was cited for driving with wheels off the road. The driver reported she was heading west when she drove into a ditch to avoid another vehicle, overcorrected and crashed. Two children in the vehicle, aged 9 and 10, were not seriously injured, but one had small cuts to the face from broken glass.
Charge Decreased for Man Accused of Taking Wood
• At noon on April 13 deputies responded to a reported burglary in progress in the 200 block of Stearns Road in Chehalis. Jeffery Picket, 47, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary after deputies arrived to find him taking wooden boards from a barn. Lewis County Superior Court declined to charge him with the felony. Instead, he was charged in Lewis County District Court with third-degree theft.
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.