Centralia Police Department
• At 2:03 a.m. on Friday, a two-vehicle collision was reported at the intersection of Scheuber Road and Borst Avenue. No injuries were reported.
• At 9:18 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of scam mail in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 12:32 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 2:38 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of kids on bikes trespassing in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 12:50 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A man was reported sleeping next to a store.
• At 4:57 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of harassment in the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 5:07 p.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 300 block of South Market Boulevard.
Shoplifting Suspect Booked on Drug Charge
• At 12:05 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a woman stealing alcohol from a shop in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. Police found the suspect, identified as Amanda B. Smith, 25, of Chehalis, a few blocks away and arrested her on suspicion of third-degree theft and possession of a drug without a prescription.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Suspect Booked for Physical Control DUI
Winlock Woman Accused of Stealing Car, Heading to California
• On Wednesday, deputies received a report of a 2003 BMW 530 stolen at 2 p.m. Monday in the 2700 block of state Route 603 in Chehalis. A 45-year-old Winlock woman is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of taking a vehicle without permission. The woman was reportedly on her way to southern California.
Suspect Booked on Drug Charge After Warrant Arrest
• At 5 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the Lewis County Jail after receiving a report that a man booked into the jail on a warrant was in possession of heroin. Jeremy D. Barnes, 28, of Chehalis, was booked into the jail on a charge of possession of heroin.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County jail had a total population of 200 inmates with 175 in general population and 25 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 137 were male and 38 were female and of WERC inmates 23 were male and two female. A total of 41 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.