Centralia Police Department
• At 6:56 a.m. on Thursday, a turquoise 1994 Honda Accord with an “Accord” logo on the windshield was reported stolen in the 100 block of North Washington Avenue.
Debit Card Fraud Reported
• At 3:12 p.m. on Thursday, a person in the 1300 block of St. Helens Avenue reported the unauthorized use of her debit card.
Vader Man Arrested for Vehicle Prowl
• At 7:46 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Joseph E. Loudin, 41, of Vader, in the 900 block of Old Airport Way on suspicion of a vehicle prowl. He was reportedly caught breaking into a parked vehicle.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 8:32 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 200 block of Southeast Prospect Street. A wallet was taken.
Accused Shoplifters Cited
• At 1:03 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. The man was reportedly in the store’s bathroom with stolen alcohol. Isaiah M.O. Davis, 33, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft and booked into the Lewis County Jail on a state Department of Corrections warrant. He was accused of taking $179.99 in merchandise.
• At 7:09 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Kyle R.E. Morrison, 25, of Oakville, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly attempting to steal a cordless drill.
Portland Resident Reports Theft of Credit Info
• At 7:17 p.m. on Wednesday, a Portland resident reported someone used their credit card in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The victim reported they believed their credit card number was “skimmed.”
Suspect Cited on Assault Charge Over ‘Beer Money’
• At 8:42 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of an assault in the 600 block of North National Avenue. A man reported a woman asked him for beer money, and when he refused she pushed him. Megan H. Jones, 32, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Woman Cited for Being in ‘Red-Tagged’ House
• At 11:58 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report that a woman was in a house that had been “red-tagged” by the city, meaning that no one can be on the property. Loria D. Heller, 48, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of second-degree trespassing.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Vader Woman Arrested on DUI Charge
• At 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday, deputies were notified by dispatchers that a vehicle was seen driving erratically on northbound Interstate 5 in Lewis County. Deputies located the vehicle and stopped it, and arrested driver Patricia R. Vanzwol, 54, of Vader, at milepost 78 on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Suspect Sought in Hit and Run
• Deputies are investigating a hit and run that reportedly occurred between 3:26 p.m. and 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Rainier Vista Drive in Mineral. A vehicle hit a community gate owned by the homeowners association. The gate and a power box were damaged, causing about $65,000 in damage, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Deputies have a person of interest being sought on suspicion of hit and run and first-degree malicious mischief.
Suspect Booked on Assault, Meth Charges
• At 9:53 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the 1900 block of state Route 508 in Onalaska to a report of an assault. A woman reported a man hit her in the head and chest. Deputies arrested Jeffrey A. Church, 41, of Onalaska, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence. Suspected methamphetamine was found in his possession and he was also booked on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Two Arrested After Attempted Theft of Newspaper Box
• At 10:43 p.m. on Thursday, deputies received a report from the 2900 block of Jackson Highway that two suspects attempted to steal a Seattle Times newspaper box. The incident was caught on video. Law enforcement arrested Kennard P. Supak, 25, a transient, on suspicion of possession of heroin and attempted third-degree theft and arrested Kalie M. Hamilton, 22, of Centralia, on suspicion of attempted third-degree theft.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.