Centralia Police Department
• At 8:09 a.m. on Thursday, a set of mailboxes at an apartment complex in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue was reported damaged. No mail was reported missing and no suspect information was available.
Mossyrock Man Arrested on Meth Charge
• At 8:09 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 100 block of South Tower Avenue to a report of a theft of $20. The suspect reportedly fled the area but was located a short time later. The man, Douglas A. Lee, 22, of Mossyrock, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine after officers reported finding the substance in his possession.
Onalaska Forgery Suspect Booked
• At 11:07 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a forged check in the 200 block of West Main Street. A bank employee reported a woman tried to cash a check made out to her, but the signature on the check didn’t match the account-holder’s signature. Sarah A. Chenoweth, 34, of Onalaska, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of forgery.
Vehicle Stolen While Owner Picks Up Take-Out
• At 6:48 p.m. on Thursday, a vehicle was reported stolen in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue. The vehicle’s owner reported he left his vehicle running while he went into a restaurant to pick up a food order, and returned to find the car had been stolen. No suspect information was available.
Suspect Booked on Warrant, Weapons Charge
• At 7:01 p.m. on Thursday, William D. Stephens, 36, of Chehalis, was arrested in the 1300 block of Gold Street in Centralia on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of furtively carrying dangerous weapons.
Trespassing Suspect Arrested on Warrant
• At 8:29 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1000 block of Mellen Street after receiving a report of a trespasser on private property. Cory Hughes, 24, of Chehalis, was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant.
Chehalis Police Department
Vehicles Damaged in Malicious Mischief
• At 10:55 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of malicious mischief near the intersection of Market Boulevard and Ninth Street. A 2015 Honda Pilot was keyed.
• At 5:09 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that a vehicle was vandalized near the intersection of Market Boulevard and Ninth Street. The vehicle’s taillight was smashed.
Possible Vehicle Prowlers Reported
• At 11:24 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a possible vehicle prowl in the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Two people were seen trying to open a car door with a screwdriver.
Woman Reports Harassing Text Messages
• At 1:09 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of harassing text messages from the 1900 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 1:12 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. A woman was seen stealing beauty products from a store. No arrests were made.
Teens Fight in Alley
• At 6:47 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of several teenagers fighting in an alley in the 200 block of Southwest 11th Street.
• At 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday, earrings were reported stolen from a residence in the 300 block of Southeast Washington Avenue.
Suspect Attempts to Throw Chair Through Window
• At 11:11 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a person trying to throw a chair through a neighbor’s window in the 500 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue. No arrests were made.
Women Steal Coffee
• At 12:47 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that two intoxicated women went into a location in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue and took coffee without paying for it. No arrests were made.
Hit and Run
• At 8:28 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A rental car was damaged.
• At 8:55 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of a casserole pan in the 300 block of Southeast Washington Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Gun Stolen During Owner’s Move
• The Sheriff’s Office recently received a report of a firearm stolen on July 1 in Chehalis. The location of the theft was reported to be either the 100 block of Ryan Drive or the 100 block of Newaukum Village Drive. The gun’s owner, a 35-year-old man from Chehalis, reported that the Ruger SP 101 S8 Special pistol valued at $400 was placed in his glove box during the move. He later discovered it was gone.
Woman Arrested on DUI Charge After Crash
• At 6:35 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a report of a vehicle in a ditch in the 700 block of Bunker Creek Road in Chehalis. Driver Sheri M. Bobbitt, 46, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Truck, Boat Trailer Stolen While Owner Was Fishing
• At 4:38 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Beach Road in Mossyrock to a report of a theft of a truck and trailer. The victim, a 72-year-old man from Tacoma, reported he was fishing on Mayfield Lake and when he returned, found that his 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and boat trailer were missing from the parking area. The man reported the truck was locked but that there was a spare key inside.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 202 inmates, with 175 in general population and 27 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. General population included 144 men and 31 women and the WERC unit had 22 men and 5 women. Of the total population, 41 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.