Centralia Police Department
Suspect Cited on Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 7:44 a.m. on Tuesday, police cited Amber R. Estorja, 30, of Chehalis, in the 700 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief.
• At 9:02 a.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 500 block of Hill-Kress Avenue. A purse was taken. The purse was recovered a short distance away but an identification card was missing.
• At 9:16 a.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue. A wallet was taken from an unlocked vehicle.
• At 11:07 p.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1500 block of Pike Street. A GPS unit was stolen. A teenage suspect was seen fleeing from the scene.
• At 9:47 a.m. on Tuesday, a 1991 Toyota Camry was reported stolen in the 400 block of South Silver Street.
• At 3:09 p.m. on Tuesday, a lock was reported damaged in an act of malicious mischief in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue.
• At 6:42 p.m. on Tuesday, a dog was reported stolen from a yard in the 500 block of Girard Street.
Man Arrested on Warrant, Resisting Officer
• At 6:51 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested David E. Pejrano-Knutz, 28, of Centralia, in the 1900 block of Ahlers Avenue on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of resisting arrest.
Tacoma Woman Booked for Protection Order Violation
• At 9:50 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1900 block of Honeysuckle Lane and arrested Amber L. Schindler, 28, of Tacoma, on suspicion of violating a protection order.
Chehalis Police Department
Complaints Received on Homeless Camps
• At 7:40 a.m. on Monday, police received a complaint about a homeless camp near a wastewater treatment plant in the 1100 block of Northwest Shoreline Drive.
• At 9:38 p.m. on Monday, police received a complaint about a homeless person sleeping by bathrooms at Penny Playground in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street.
• At 1:30 p.m. on Monday, gasoline was reported stolen from two vans overnight in the 1700 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue.
License Plate Taken
• At 4:22 p.m. on Monday, a license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle over the weekend in the 700 block of Northwest Pennsylvania Avenue.
Dog Reported Stolen
• At 11:17 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a theft of a dog from the 100 block of Southwest Ninth Street. The dog was allegedly stolen in Tacoma.
Disorderly Person Reported
• At 11:16 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a disorderly woman screaming and yelling in the 700 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue.
Box Truck Tagged with Graffiti
• At 11:46 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a box truck being tagged with graffiti in the 400 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue.
• At 11:59 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 400 block of Northwest Prindle Street. No arrests were made.
• At 1:13 p.m. on Tuesday, a white 1995 Honda Accord was reported stolen on Southeast 16th Street in Chehalis.
• At 6:17 a.m. on Tuesday, a tan 1995 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Southwest Snively Avenue.
Kids, Dogs Left in Hot Cars
• At 5:09 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of children being left in a vehicle in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
• At 5:35 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of dogs left in a hot car in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Eggs, Drill Stolen in Curtis Burglary
• At 9:24 a.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the past several months in the 600 block of Boistfort Road in Curtis. The alleged victim reported that people had stolen 15 dozen eggs, a power drill and charger for the drill since April.
Driver Arrested on DUI Charge After Rollover
• At 10:20 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover crash near the intersection of Jackson Highway and state Route 505. The driver, Jonathan M. Hinkley, 21, of Toledo, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Ferndale Man Arrested on DUI
• At 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies received a report of a motorhome traveling erratically north on Interstate 5 between mileposts 82 and 87. Deputies conducted a traffic stop and arrested driver Gary H. Pinholster, 55, of Ferndale, on suspicion of DUI.
Chain Saw Stolen in Burglary
• At 10:32 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies received a report of a theft from a residence in the 500 block of Newaukum Valley Road. A Stihl chain saw was reportedly stolen in the past three weeks. The report is under investigation.
• At 7:36 a.m. on Tuesday, a white 1991 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 100 block of Dieckman Road in Chehalis overnight. The car’s owner reported someone knocked on her door late at night, but when she went outside didn’t see anyone.
Glenoma Eluding Suspect Sought
• At 11:54 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies attempted to stop a vehicle being driven erratically eastbound on U.S. Highway 12 at about milepost 110 in Glenoma. The vehicle failed to yield and drove up to 74 miles per hour, going over the centerline. Deputies lost track of the suspect near Cispus Road and terminated the pursuit.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• The total population of the Lewis County Jail as of Thursday Morning was 191, 165 of which were in general population and 26 in the facilities Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 129 were men and 36 were women. Of WERC inmates, 20 were men and 6 were women. A total of 40 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.