Centralia Police Department
• At 10:16 a.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue. A chainsaw was stolen from the vehicle overnight.
• At 3:26 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 300 block of Lowe Street. A laptop and hard drives were stolen from a locked vehicle.
• At 3:56 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 400 block of Lakeshore Drive. A wallet and cell phones were stolen.
• At 11:30 p.m. on Friday, items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of Old Airport Way.
• At 7:35 a.m. on Saturday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1400 block of Lewis Street. A backpack was stolen.
• At 7:56 a.m. on Saturday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 400 block of North Ash Street.
Fence Decorations Stolen
• At 12:19 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft in the 100 block of North Ash Street. Two red decorative stars were reported stolen from a fence overnight.
• At 8:13 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a fourth-degree assault in the 100 block of South Gold Street.
Teen Faces Charges After Car Keyed
• At 11:22 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of malicious mischief in the 2800 block of Russell Road. A 17-year-old girl is being referred to juvenile court on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief for allegedly keying a car.
Vehicle Stolen, Involved in Thurston County Hit and Run
• At 1:09 a.m. on Friday, a vehicle was reported stolen from a business in the 300 block of South Tower Avenue. The vehicle was recovered in Thurston County after being involved in a hit and run.
Man Booked on Heroin Charge after Graffiti Report
• At 4:29 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 600 block of West Main Street after a witness reported seeing a man spray painting graffiti on a building. Police attempted to contact a suspect who ran. Police caught the man a few blocks later, identified as Genaro M. Rivas, 27, of Centralia, and arrested him on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Theft From Store Under Investigation
• At 4:40 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a theft from a retail store in the 700 block of North Tower Avenue.
Tortoise Unharmed After Alleged Theft from Pet Store
• At 4:40 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a theft of a tortoise from a pet store in the 700 block of North Tower Avenue. Anthony S. Lawson, 30, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft. The tortoise was returned, unharmed.
Man Booked on Assault Charge After Threat with Gun
• At 12:51 a.m. on Sunday, police arrested Gustavo A. Ayala, 22, of Chehalis, in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of second-degree assault. He allegedly threatened a person at a local bar with a pistol during a dispute.
Arrest Made in Protection-Order Violation
• At 12:49 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 300 block of South Iron Street and arrested Clim D. Grant, Jr., 39, of Centralia, on suspicion of violation of a domestic-violence protection order.
Man Booked on Domestic Violence Charge
• At 6:04 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 100 block of South Gold Street. Kody D. Bingisser, 29, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Barn Window Broken
• At 9:03 a.m. on Monday, police received a report that a barn window was broken in the 200 block of West Oakview Avenue.
Counterfeit Cash Seized
• At 9:09 a.m. on Monday, a counterfeit $100 bill was discovered at a store in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. The bill was seized as evidence.
• At 11:13 a.m. on Monday, graffiti was reported on a building in the 800 block of North Tower Avenue. The vandalism reportedly occurred sometime over the weekend.
Two Cited After Road Rage Leads to Assault
• At 11:51 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a road rage leading to an assault near the intersection of Reynolds Avenue and Pearl Street. Tina L. Bell, 26, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of malicious mischief after allegedly damaging a Centralia man’s car. The man, Mark S. Folden, 58, was cited on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Centralia Man Booked on Domestic Violence Charge
• At 1:49 p.m. on Monday, police arrested Joseph L. Worley, 36, of Centralia, in the 500 block of South Diamond Street on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• At 6:34 a.m. on Tuesday, a white 1999 Ford F-250 truck was reported stolen from the 1100 block of Eckerson Road.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 7:54 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a possible theft of shoes in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue.
Toddler Found Wandering in Parking Lot
• At 9:57 a.m. on Friday, police responded to Southwest Chehalis Avenue to a report of a toddler found walking around in a parking lot alone. Police notified Child Protective Services.
• At 1:32 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of people trespassing on private property in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue possibly drinking on the property without permission and engaging in “nefarious dealings,” according to the Chehalis Police Department.
Alcohol, Groceries Shoplifted
• At 3:26 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. A 16-year-old Chehalis girl was arrested and released and will be referred to juvenile court on suspicion of third-degree theft. She allegedly took $20.99 in alcohol.
• At 6:06 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. Megan L. Wright, 37, of Grapeview, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly attempting to steal a shopping cart full of more than $400 in merchandise.
• At 7:11 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue who stole a backpack stuffed with merchandise. The report is under investigation.
Caller Reports Blackmail
• At 6:39 p.m. on Friday, a person called 911 from the 300 block of Northeast Adams Avenue to report that someone got a hold of pictures of the reporting person and was trying to blackmail them.
• At 7:59 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of a theft and assault in the 200 block of Southeast Washington Avenue. A man reported his drunken roommate stole pills and bit him. A 31-year-old Chehalis man is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of second-degree assault, domestic violence, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and third-degree theft.
Burglary Reported to Shed
• At 9:40 p.m. on Friday, a burglary was reported to a shed in the 700 block of Northwest State Avenue. The alleged victim reported his ex broke into the shed while he was in jail.
911 Caller Reports Drunk Man Passed Out in Front Yard
• At 3:04 p.m. on Saturday, a person in the 800 block of South Market Boulevard reported finding a man passed out in his yard with a beer next to him.
Massachusetts Caller Harasses 911 Dispatchers
• At 4:53 p.m. on Saturday, police received reports of repeated harassing calls from a man to 911 dispatchers. The man’s phone number’s area code was traced to Dorchester, Massachusetts.
Aggressive Panhandling Reported
• At 9:57 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of aggressive panhandling in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A person was allegedly asking people for money and almost started a fight after someone refused.
• At 2:26 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of harassment and a threat to kill from the 500 block of Southwest Parkland Drive.
• At 4:09 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of a wallet in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Teens Caught With Alcohol at School Dance
• At 10:30 p.m. on Friday, deputies working a detail at a dance at Centralia High School contacted two 14-year-old boys accused in separate incidents of having alcohol. Both boys will be referred to prosecutors and were released to their parents.
Laptop Computer Stolen in Curtis Burglary
• At 5:10 p.m. on Saturday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary earlier that day in the 2200 block of Wildwood Road in Curtis. A Toshiba Chromebook was reported stolen. The victim reported she was gone for a short time and returned to find unknown suspects had forced entry into the home and rifled through belongings, in addition to stealing the computer.
Chainsaws, Bicycle Stolen from Chehalis Garage
• At 10:10 p.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary between Tuesday and Sunday in the 300 block of Zandecki Road in Chehalis. Two chainsaws, a bicycle, an ax and a toolbox full of tools were reported stolen from a garage.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 182 inmates, with 155 in general population and 27 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 131 were men and 24 were women and of WERC inmates, 21 were men and six were women. A total of 40 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.