Centralia Police Department
Business Reports Bad Checks
• At 10:41 a.m. on Friday, a business in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue reported receiving bad checks over a period of two years. The case is under investigation.
Woman Arrested for Warrant, Vehicle Prowl
• At 11:19 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Jessica R. Gladue, 38, of Centralia, on an outstanding state Department of Corrections warrant and on suspicion of attempted vehicle prowl and obstructing law enforcement. Gladue is accused of attempting to break into a vehicle to flee from police.
Pressure Washer Stolen
• At 12:17 p.m. on Friday, a pressure washer was reported stolen from a yard overnight in the 300 block of N Street.
• At 1:48 p.m. on Friday, DVDs were reported stolen from a resident’s porch in the 100 block of West Third Street.
Man Assaulted by Two Suspects
• At 2:06 p.m. on Friday, a man reported being assaulted by two suspects in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue. The victim was reportedly able to identify the suspects. The investigation is ongoing.
Sumner Man Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 6 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 1400 block of Crescent Avenue. Kyle C. Nelson, 22, of Sumner, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
• At 9:12 p.m. on Friday, police arrested Micah C. Mollerstuen, 35, of Centralia, in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of driving under the influence and hit and run. He allegedly hit a utility pole and left the scene.
• At 2:04 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of air being let out of a victim’s vehicle tires in the 1000 block of West Walnut Street.
Theft, Hit and Run Suspect Sought
• At 1:05 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A woman reportedly stole multiple items from a store, then hit another vehicle with her car and almost hit pedestrians as she was fleeing the scene. The vehicle was later located. An investigation is ongoing.
Hit and Run
• At 10:02 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 1200 block of Alder Street. The case is under investigation.
• At 12:21 p.m. on Saturday, a purse was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue. The theft reportedly occurred on Thursday.
Thief Steals Alcohol, Pop, Ice Cream
• At 9:16 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A female suspect reportedly stole alcohol, pop, ice cream and batteries. An investigation is ongoing.
Wheels, Tires Taken
• At 7:17 p.m. on Sunday, a set of 34-inch tires and Weld wheels were reported stolen over the weekend in the 2000 block of Ahlers Avenue.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 202 inmates, with 177 in general population and 25 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 142 were men and 35 were women and of WERC inmates, 20 were men and five women. A total of 45 inmates were booked through contracts with law enforcement agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.