Centralia Police Department
Two Bicycles Stolen
• At 8:48 a.m. on Tuesday, two bicycles were reported stolen from a residence in the 2800 block of Russell Road.
Rental Property Taken
• At 10:12 a.m. on Tuesday, rental property valued at $750 was reported stolen in the 1400 block of South Gold Street. The report is under investigation.
Rent Money Stolen
• At 12:25 p.m. on Tuesday, a woman reported that $650 in rent money was stolen from a drop-box in the 1000 block of North Scheuber Road.
Check Stolen, Cashed
• At 2:23 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of check fraud in the 500 block of West Main Street. A person reported a check issued to pay a bill was stolen then cashed. The report is under investigation.
Olalla Man Arrested for Assault on Health Care Worker
• At 9:17 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of an assault of a health care worker in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. Robert S. Hastings, 18, of Olalla, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault.
• At 3:05 a.m. on Wednesday, a 1995 Honda Civic was reported stolen in the 400 block of West Magnolia Street. The vehicle reportedly has a loud muffler, black hood and gas cap and blacked out taillights.
Tenino Man Arrested on Meth Charge
• At 12:01 p.m. on Wednesday, police conducted a traffic stop in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Toby J. Hebert, 40, of Tenino, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Alleged Trespasser Cited
• At 12:27 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1000 block of Mellen Street after receiving a report of a trespasser in a vacant house. Ashley E. Howland, 29, a transient, was arrested and released on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass.
• At 12:50 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft in the 1300 block of Alexander Street. A resident of a rehabilitation center reported $20 stolen.
• At 1:48 p.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 2400 block of Borst Avenue. A backpack containing medication and emergency supplies was taken.
Cell Phone Stolen
• At 6:53 p.m. on Wednesday, a cell phone was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Seminary Hill Road. The theft occurred two days earlier.
Teens Arrested for Alcohol Thefts
• At 11:54 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1200 block of Mellen Street to a report of a theft. A 16-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy were arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft and being minors in possession of alcohol after allegedly stealing a case of beer from a business. Both juveniles were from Portland, Ore. The girl was released to a parent and the boy was booked into Lewis County Juvenile Detention.
Chehalis Police Department
Cell Phone Stolen
• At 2:22 p.m. on Tuesday, a cell phone was reported stolen in the 500 block of Southwest Riverside Drive. The theft reportedly occurred two days earlier.
Hit and Run Suspect Cited
• At 5:59 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street. Police later contacted the suspect, who reportedly admitted to the hit and run. Nathaniel R. Rone, 21, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of hit and run.
Harassment over Social Media Reported
• At 6:44 p.m. on Tuesday, harassment via social media was reported on Southwest Third Street.
• At 7:21 a.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported at a shop on North National Avenue. The burglary reportedly occurred overnight.
• At 8:03 a.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 700 block of Northwest Liberty Place. A tackle box and fishing gear were reported stolen.
Stolen Vehicle Recovered
• At 9:51 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that a stolen vehicle was found near the intersection of 15th Street and Mills Avenue.
IRS Scams Reported
• At 11:46 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report from the 300 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue of a scam caller claiming to be from the IRS.
• At 4:08 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a scam caller from the 1000 block of North National Avenue. The scam caller reportedly told the victim he had fraudulent tax records.
Roommate Cuts Up Clothes
• At 12:03 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 100 block of Northeast Coal Creek Road. A person reported his roommate cut up all of his clothes.
Hit and Runs
• At 1:12 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 8:19 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 1000 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue.
• At 3:31 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of panhandlers trespassing in the 1000 block of South Market Boulevard.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Suspect Sent Summons in Reported Assault
• At 8:51 p.m. on Friday, deputies responded to Providence Centralia Hospital in reference to an assault that allegedly occurred at 2:30 that day in the 1100 block of Riverside Road West. The victim reported he and a roommate had a physical dispute. At one point, the suspect allegedly held the victim’s head underwater so he couldn’t breathe. The suspect, a 19-year-old Chehalis male, was not arrested, but was sent a court summons on suspicion of second-degree assault, domestic violence and disorderly conduct, domestic violence.
Electronics Stolen in Randle Burglary
• At 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the 1100 block of U.S. Highway 12 in Randle that occurred between July 31 and Sunday. A television, VCR, laptop and computer towers were reported stolen. An unknown suspect entered the home through an unlocked second-story window using a ladder. The incident is under investigation.
Suspect in Toledo Burglary Leaves Message for Victim
• On Saturday, deputies received a report of a burglary occurring between Friday and Saturday evening in the 100 block of Sareault Road in Toledo. The victim reported tools including a Ryobi palm sander, cordless drill battery and charger, a tool set and other items were stolen from a garage. An unknown suspect wrote the word “enjoy” on a workbench, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Toledo Man Suspected in Vehicle Theft, Reckless Endangerment
• At 6 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a collision in the 900 block of Main Street in Vader involving a 2001 Ford Expedition that had been taken without permission. The vehicle was severely damaged in the crash, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Gregory S. D’adda, 20, of Toledo was arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without permission and reckless endangerment because three juveniles were in the vehicle during the collision. A 15-year-old Vader male is also being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of taking the vehicle without permission.
Salkum Driver Arrested on DUI Charge
• At 12:59 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle with a defective headlight in the 700 block of U.S. Highway 12 in Napavine. Deanna G. Gange, 39, of Salkum, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 197 inmates with 172 in general population and 25 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 140 were male and 32 were female and of WERC inmates, 25 were male and five female. A total of 50 inmates were booked through contracts with law enforcement agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.