Centralia Police Department
Tools Missing After Burglary
• At 1:03 p.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 1000 block of South Tower Avenue.
• At 2:41 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 800 block of Eshom Road after receiving reports of an assault. Two juvenile males were accused of placing heated of pieces metal on two other students, causing minor injuries, in a shop class. Both suspects have been referred to prosecutors on third-degree assault charges.
Teens Suspected in Robbery
• At 6:34 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a robbery in the 200 block of East Chestnut Street. A man reported several teenagers asked him for money. When he took out his wallet a suspect grabbed his cash and ran.
Forgery Suspect Arrested
• At 5:41 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1800 block of Shamrock Drive in Centralia after receiving a report of suspicious circumstances. Dakota S. Duel, 21, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of forgery and second-degree theft.
• At 8:20 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of money from a residence in the 700 block of G Street.
Teens Arrested on Warrants, Drug Charges
• At 2:51 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1200 block of Lum Road and arrested a 17-year-old boy on an outstanding warrant and referred him to prosecutors on suspicion of possession of marijuana.
• At 4:25 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia and arrested a 17-year-old male on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 11:50 a.m. on Wednesday, a third-degree theft was reported in the 300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 10:59 a.m. on Thursday, a theft was reported in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
• At 11:29 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Burglary Report Under Investigation
• At 12:29 p.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 1900 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue.
Hit and Runs
• At 4:37 p.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
Lewis County sheriff’s office
California Man Arrested on Burglary Charge After Allegedly Stealing Wine, Change
• At 4 p.m. on Thursday, a burglary was reported in the 100 block of Annonen Road in Winlock. The victim, a 71-year-old woman, reported a suspect took bottles of wine, change and a pocket knife from her residence as well as another on a nearby property. Justin S. Cargill, 33, of California, was contacted by deputies and reportedly confessed to the thefts. He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary and first-degree criminal trespass.
Oregon Driver Arrested on DUI Charge
• At 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, deputies pulled over a vehicle in the 200 block of Layton Road in Toledo after seeing it crossing the centerline and driving into a ditch. The driver, Johnny N. Houk, 77, of John Day, Oregon, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 190 inmates with 161 in general population and 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 138 were male and 23 female and of WERC inmates, 24 were male and four females. One inmate was on work release and 68 were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.