Centralia Police Department
Cell Phone Stolen
• At 8:55 a.m. on Friday, a cell phone was reported stolen from the 400 block of West Main Street.
Accused Beer Thief Cited
• At 10:07 a.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 600 block of South Tower Avenue. Nicholas A. Mullins, 33, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft after allegedly stealing beer.
Teen Brings Alcohol to School
• At 10:13 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 800 block of Eshom Road to a report of a 15-year-old boy bringing an alcoholic beverage to school. He was released to a parent and is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of being a minor in possession of alcohol.
Man Reports Punch
• At 1 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of an assault in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue. A man reported he was punched in the face without provocation.
Teen Arrested After Threat
• At 2:02 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 800 block of Eshom Road after receiving a report of harassment. A 15-year-old boy was arrested and booked into Lewis County Juvenile Detention after allegedly threatening to kill another student.
• At 6:48 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 400 block of Centralia College Boulevard. A person reported someone tried to break into their car and slashed a tire. The incident occurred two nights earlier.
Suspect Arrested on Burglary Charge for Theft of Alcohol
• At 10:45 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 100 block of North Tower Avenue and arrested Shannon K. Kilgore, 49, of Centralia, on suspicion of second-degree burglary. Kilgore allegedly entered a business he had been banned from entering and stole an alcoholic beverage from a customer, according to the police department.
Teens Face Vehicle Prowl Charges
• At 7:28 p.m. on Saturday police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 300 block of Courtland Street. Two 17-year-old males and a 15-year-old male are being referred to juvenile court on suspicion of vehicle prowl.
• At 9:48 a.m. on Sunday, tools were reported stolen in the 1000 block of Ham Hill Road. The victim reported their roommate was possibly to blame. An investigation is ongoing.
• At 11:23 a.m. on Sunday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 400 block of Yew Street. A woman reported items in her vehicle had been moved and “rummaged through,” according to the police department.
• At 12:48 p.m. on Sunday, bags of Christmas gifts were reported stolen from a vehicle’s trunk in the 800 block of F Street.
• At 1:12 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 300 block of Latona Street. An Android cell phone charger and cleaning wipes were reported stolen.
Mail Theft Reported
• At 11:44 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a mail theft in the 1300 block of Lakeshore Drive in Centralia
• At 1 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of clothing in the 1400 block of Lum Road. Suspects allegedly stole about $280 in clothing by concealing items under a coat and in a purse and leaving without paying.
Air Compressor Stolen
• At 4:44 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of a 22-gallon air-compressor from a car port in the 700 block of South Gold Street.
Hit and Run
• At 8:50 p.m. on Sunday, a hit and run was reported in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue.
Man Cited on Trespassing Charge
• At 4:04 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a trespasser in the 200 block of West Main Street. William F. Adams, 40, of Monroe, was cited and released on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
Centralia Man Booked on Gun Charge
• At 1:02 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 1100 block of South Tower Avenue and arrested Jon C. Dailey, 28, of Centralia, on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm.
Woman Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 6:30 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 900 block of F Street and arrested Anita L. Scholmer, 58, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Two Arrested After Assault Reported
• At 9:41 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 500 block of South Oak Street and arrested Kari A. Johnson, 44, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault. In the same incident, police arrested Randy J. Toups, 54, of Centralia, on a state Department of Corrections warrant.
Chehalis Police Department
Suspect Wearing ‘Thug Life’ Sweatshirt Steals Tip Jar
• At 10:11 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft in the 1700 block of North National Avenue. A male suspect riding a bike and wearing a sweatshirt with “Thug Life” printed on the back stole a tip jar full of coins.
Attempted Vehicle Theft Reported
• At 6:33 p.m. on Friday, an attempted vehicle theft was reported in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 2:14 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a theft of a cell phone in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 9:39 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 1100 block of North National Avenue.
• At 10:05 a.m. on Saturday, a person in the 600 block of Northwest Pennsylvania Avenue reported someone cut her Christmas lights with wire cutters overnight.
• At 11:27 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a person cutting Christmas light wires in the 300 block of Northeast Washington Avenue.
• At 8:09 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of harassment in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A person reported being harassed by two people in a vehicle.
Fight Reported in Parking Lot
• At 12:08 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a fight in a parking lot involving about 10 people in the 2100 block of North National Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 12:27 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 700 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue.
Graffiti Swastikas Reported
• At 4:28 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of graffiti including spray-painted swastikas at the intersection of Southeast Dobson Court and Park Hill Drive.
Paint Thrown on Car
• At 4:17 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a car in the 600 block of Southeast Adams Avenue. A woman reported someone threw paint on her car.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Drivers Arrested on DUI Charges
• At 9:31 p.m. on Friday, deputies in the 3200 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis stopped a vehicle for speeding and arrested driver Renee Dee Scott, 47, of Olympia, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 1:34 a.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a single-vehicle crash in the 2500 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis. A 1998 Volkswagen Jetta failed to negotiate a turn, spun and hit a boulder. Driver Joseph W. Allen, 27, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
• At 3:20 a.m. on Sunday, deputies in the 1600 block of West Reynolds Avenue saw a vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road. Driver Marcus A. Adames, 30, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office had a total system population of 215 inmates with 186 in general population, 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and one inmate on work release. Of general population inmates, 142 were male and 44 female and of WERC inmates, 26 were male and two female. A total of 47 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.