Centralia Police Department
• At 11:19 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. The suspect reportedly fled the scene.
• At 1:51 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 100 block of West Third Street. A stereo was stolen and the vehicle’s steering column was damaged.
Hit and Run
• At 3:32 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Borst and Allen avenues.
Suspect Arrested on Warrant, Meth Charge at Library
• At 4:13 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the Centralia Timberland Library in the 100 block of South Silver Street and arrested Jacob D. Holmgren, 27, a transient, on outstanding warrants and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Electronics Taken in Burglary
• At 8:07 a.m. on Friday, a burglary was reported in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue. A PlayStation and other electronics were reported stolen.
Assault Suspect Booked
• At 11:28 p.m. on Friday, police arrested James R. Wisner, 32, of Centralia, in the 2800 block of Russell Road on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Napavine Man Cited for Theft
• At 12:43 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower Avenue and cited Jordan M. Twidwell, 20, of Napavine, on suspicion of third-degree theft.
McCleary Man Charged With Giving False Name
• At 9:15 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 300 block of North Tower Avenue and arrested Richard D. York, 47, of McCleary, on an outstanding warrant. He was also arrested on suspicion of identity theft after allegedly giving officers a false name.
• At 12:55 p.m. on Sunday, a backpack was reported stolen from a store in the 1300 block of Lum Road.
RV Batteries Stolen
• At 1:07 p.m. on Sunday, two recreational vehicle batteries were reported stolen from a travel trailer in the 800 block of J Street.
Vehicle Stolen, Recovered in King County
• At 2:48 p.m. on Sunday, a vehicle was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Lincoln Street. It was later recovered in King County.
Gas Theft Reported
• At 3:58 p.m. on Sunday, gasoline was reported stolen from the 500 block of South Tower Avenue.
Man Arrested on Meth Charge After Trespassing Complaint
• At 4:54 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of a trespasser in the 400 block of Harrison Avenue. Sheldon M. Moren, 56, a transient, was arrested on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
• At 7 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of a theft of several pairs of shoes from a retail store in the 1300 block of Lum Road. The suspect fled the scene.
One Booked After Suspected DUI Crash
• At 10:13 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1000 block of West First Street after receiving a report of a crash in which a single vehicle left the road and struck a streetlight pole. Matthew T. Fauland-Nichols, 30, of Centralia, was arrested by the Washington State Patrol on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Teen Booked on Marijuana Charge
• At 2:27 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 900 block of South Schueber Road and cited Evelyn Lopez-Martinez, 19, of Centralia, on suspicion of possession of marijuana under the legal age.
• At 3:07 p.m. on Monday, jewelry was reported stolen from the 100 block of Cindy Road in Centralia. A family member of the victim was named as a suspect.
• At 4:20 p.m. on Monday, a ring was reported stolen from a residence in the 2500 block of Kristine Court.
• At 9:14 p.m. on Monday, a shoplifter allegedly took beer from a walk-in cooler not accessible to the public in the 1000 block of Ellsbury Street.
Chehalis Police Department
Teen Arrested After Burnouts at High School
• At 12:17 p.m. on Friday, police responded to W.F. West High School in the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street after receiving a report of a teen doing burnouts in a vehicle in a parking lot. A 17-year-old Chehalis boy was arrested and booked into Lewis County Juvenile Detention on suspicion of reckless endangerment and second-degree criminal trespass.
Suspect Booked on Warrant, Burglary, Drug Charge After Trespassing Complaint
• At 12:22 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 200 block of Southwest 14th Street after receiving a report of a trespasser at a burned building. Megan M. Murphy, 29, of Chehalis, was arrested on an outstanding warrant. She was later reportedly found to be in possession of methamphetamine and was also booked on suspicion of second-degree burglary and possession of a controlled substance.
Disorderly Roommate Reported
• At 3:11 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Southwest 12th Street. A person reported their roommate was trashing their house. No arrests were made.
• At 4:09 p.m. on Friday, money was reported stolen from a cash register in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the previous night. The suspect was caught on surveillance video. No arrests were made.
Malicious Mischief Reported
• At 5:19 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 100 block of Southwest 12th Street. No arrests were made.
• At 9:52 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a vehicle in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Firearm Stolen From Vehicle
• At 11:05 a.m. on Saturday, a firearm was reported stolen from a vehicle overnight in the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue.
• At 2:43 p.m. on Saturday, a 2006 Mercury Milan was reported stolen from an address on Southwest William Avenue.
Woman Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 9:40 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue. Emma M. Worthey, 44, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Garage Window Damaged in Attempted Burglary
• At 1:29 p.m. on Sunday, an attempted burglary was reported at a garage in the 700 block of Southwest 12th Street. A window covering was ripped off and other damage was reported.
Resident Reports Burglary
• At 3:22 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a burglary to a house in the 1000 block of Southeast Evergreen Drive in Chehalis.
Harassment Between Neighbors Reported
• At 3:29 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of harassment between neighbors at an address on Northeast Washington Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 4:28 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Suspects Arrested on DUI Charges
• At 4:01 a.m. on Friday, deputies arrested Aaron K. Shelton, 42, of Centralia on suspicion of DUI at about milepost 81 of Southbound Interstate 5.
• At 3:13 a.m. on Saturday, deputies responded to the 700 block of Leudinghaus Road after receiving a report of a rollover crash. Michael J. Toepelt, 20, of Doty, was booked on suspicion of DUI and hit and run with property damage.
• On Saturday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Carlisle Avenue in Onalaska and arrested Wesley R. Pinion, 43, of Winlock on suspicion of DUI after a single-vehicle crash.
• At 3:33 a.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to the 2200 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis and arrested Dalton J. Newman, 20, of Chehalis, on suspicion of DUI.
• At 9:40 a.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to the 300 block of West Main Street and arrested Emma M. Worthey, 44, of Chehalis, on suspicion of DUI.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 208 inmates with 178 in general population and 30 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 143 were men and 35 were women and of WERC inmates, 25 were men and five were women. A total of 44 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.