Centralia Police Department
Attempted Vehicle Theft
• At 9:33 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of damage to the ignition system of a parked car in the 300 block of West Pine Street.
• At 9:52 a.m. on Tuesday, graffiti was reported on a fence in an alley in the 1300 block of Oxford Avenue.
Vehicle Window Broken
• At 5:11 p.m. on Tuesday, a person reported a window on a parked vehicle was broken in the 300 block of South Iron Street.
Suspect in Retail Theft Referred for Charges
• At 5:46 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower Avenue and referred a 38-year-old Centralia man to prosecutors for charges of third-degree theft. He was accused of stealing merchandise from a local store.
Tip Jar Stolen, Returned
• At 7:53 p.m. on Tuesday, a tip jar was reported stolen in the 900 block of Ellsbury Road in Centralia. A short time later, the money was returned by a different person, and the victims decided not to pursue charges.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 11:01 a.m. on Monday, a third-degree theft was reported in the 1300 block of Northwest State Avenue.
• At 11:19 a.m. on Tuesday, a third-degree theft was reported in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way.
• At 3:49 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a second-degree theft from the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 12:52 p.m. on Monday, an attempted burglary was reported in the 500 block of Northeast Washington Avenue.
• At 3:44 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 1000 block of Northwest State Avenue in Chehalis.
• At 4:33 p.m. on Monday, a trespasser was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Nathanael E. Beier, 27, of Morton, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree trespass after allegedly refusing to leave the location.
Assault Under Investigation
• At 5:26 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of an assault between two male subjects in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue. The incident is under investigation.
Witness Reports Drug Dealing
• At 2:22 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report from a person who said they witnessed a drug deal near the intersection of Sixth Street and McFadden Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Sex Offender Wanted for Failing to Register, Arrested on Meth Charge
• At 10:40 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies verifying addresses of registered sex offenders reportedly saw a woman who had allegedly failed to register as a sex offender on a bicycle near the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Interstate 5. The suspect, Sherri L. Scott, 35, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Lewis County Jail
• For the month of January, the Lewis County Jail had an average total facility population of 213 inmates with averages of 194 in general population and 32 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. It had an average of 29 people booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff