Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Deputies responded to the report of a burglary at a detached garage and a vehicle prowl in the 200 block of Centralia-Alpha Road at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The incident remains under investigation, so the sheriff’s office released only limited details.
Physical Control DUI
• At about 11:26 p.m. Thursday, deputies spotted a suspicious vehicle parked halfway in a driveway and halfway on grass in the 100 block of Chilvers Road. They contacted the occupant of the vehicle, who allegedly smelled of intoxicants and admitted to smoking marijuana. Michael Amos Blake, 53, Chehalis, was booked into the Lewis County Jail for a physical control DUI.
Centralia Police Department
Heavy Equipment Stolen From Job Site
• At 8:03 a.m. Thursday, the theft of heavy equipment was reported at a job site in the 1900 block of Johnson Road in Centralia. The equipment was later located and the investigation is ongoing.
Tools Stolen in Burglary
• Tools were stolen during a burglary reported in the 1000 block of West Chestnut Street at 11:17 a.m. Thursday.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at the intersection of Gold and Maple streets at about 12:05 p.m. Thursday.
Items Stolen From Vehicle
• A blue and white Columbia coat, a ring and an Under Armour bag containing wrestling gear were reported stolen from a vehicle parked on Jefferson Street in Centralia. The vehicle prowl was reported at 3:37 p.m. Thursday.
• Kendra J. Chancey, 32, of Centralia, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail on a Centralia Municipal Court warrant after being contacted in the 500 block of south Rock Street at about 5:38 p.m. Thursday.
• Miguel V. Martinez, 21, of Centralia, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail on a Department of Corrections escape from community custody warrant after being contacted in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue at about 2:47 a.m. Friday.
Chehalis Police Department
• A report from the 200 block of Southwest Second Street in Chehalis indicated that someone had egged several vehicles. The report was made at 12:04 p.m. Thursday.
• A previous report of egged vehicles was made in the 1900 block of SW Snively Avenue in Chehalis at about 3:23 p.m. Wednesday. Extra patrols were requested.
Shoplifters Caught in the Act
• A caller from a business in the 1600 block of NW Louisiana Avenue in Chehalis called 911 when he or she saw a suspect “staging” in order to steal a breast pump. The caller said the suspect had a vehicle waiting in front of the business. He bought candy bars and grabbed the breast pump on his way out, when he began running. Officers later caught up with the suspect and arrested him. The incident began at about 4 p.m. Thursday.
• On Wednesday at about 3:32 p.m. in the 1700 block of NW Louisiana Avenue, a shoplifter reportedly “got rough” when he was caught in the act. According to reports, it took five people to hold him down. Officers responded and arrested the man.
Parent Calls Cops on Heroin-Seeking Daughter
• A parent in the 700 block of NW New York Avenue in Chehalis called police at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday to report their daughter was driving around town seeking heroin. Officers didn’t find daughter.
Homeless People Asked to Leave
• A caller in the 1300 block of NW Louisiana Avenue asked police to tell four homeless people to move along. The report, made at about 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, indicated they were drinking while hitting one another.
Suspicious Person Tries to Break in Vehicle
• A suspicious person report indicated a man was seen trying to break into a vehicle parked in the 100 block of SW Interstate Avenue at about 8:37 p.m. Wednesday.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.