Centralia Police Department
• At 7:58 a.m. on Tuesday, a 2000 Ford Ranger was reported stolen overnight in the 300 block of East Pine Street. The vehicle was later found and returned to its owner.
• At 10:07 a.m. on Tuesday, a cream-colored 18-speed bicycle with butterfly stickers and a black basket was reported stolen in the 600 block of M Street.
Suspect Booked on Trespass Charge
• At 11:49 a.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1000 block of Centralia Avenue and arrested Jeremy J. Phillips, 36, of Centralia, on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass.
Salkum Man Arrested on Drug Charge
• At 12:13 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 600 block of South Pearl Street and arrested Joel L. Kaech, 26, of Salkum, on suspicion of unlawful possession of a prescription medication.
• At 3:52 p.m. on Tuesday, a watch was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Lum Road in Centralia.
• At 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a gasoline theft in the past two weeks in the 1000 block of Scammon Creek Road.
• At 9:01 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of graffiti sprayed on a business in the 400 block of Main Street. The business was reportedly tagged on Sept. 24.
• At 3:08 p.m. on Wednesday, graffiti was reported on a building in the 800 block of North Tower Avenue.
• At 10:17 a.m. on Wednesday, locks were reported damaged overnight in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue.
• At 8:04 p.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1000 block of North Tower Avenue. Tools were stolen from a truck.
Suspect Identified in Malicious Mischief
• At 9:26 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report of malicious mischief in the 300 block of Centralia College Boulevard. A known suspect damaged a door. Police plan to issue a court summons to the suspect.
Chehalis Police Department
Victim Reports Assault With Sub Sandwich
• At 3:51 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a dispute in the 100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue. A woman reported her boyfriend threw a sub sandwich at her and was being abusive. No arrest was made.
Bank Fraud Reported
• At 3:54 p.m. on Monday, bank fraud was reported in the 1000 block of North National Avenue. A woman reported someone took money out of her account without authorization.
No-Contact Order Violated
• At 4:54 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a violation of a no-contact order in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street. No arrests were made.
Accused Trespasser Cited
• At 7:10 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a “disruptive, drunk” male trespasser in the 600 block of North National Avenue. Trevor A. Smith, 25, of Tacoma, was cited on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
• At 9:57 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of harassment from the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street.
• At 4:38 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an ongoing problem with harassing phone calls in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard.
‘Scruffy-Looking’ Men Seen Peeing in Public
• At 1:57 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of public urination in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A person reported seeing three “scruffy-looking” men in puffy jackets urinating in public near a business.
• At 12:59 p.m. on Tuesday, a 1992 Honda Accord was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an assault from the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue. The assault reportedly occurred the previous night.
No Arrests After Shoplifting Report
• At 2:25 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a shoplifting in progress in the 500 block of West Main Street. No arrest was made.
• At 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of medication in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 3:40 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of shoes in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Fight with Knife Reported
• At 5:05 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a fight between two people involving a knife in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street. No arrests were made.
Woman Reports Assault, Robbery
• At 8:09 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a robbery in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A woman reported a man and woman assaulted her and took her purse. An investigation is ongoing.
Man Arrested on Heroin Charge After Vehicle Prowl Report
• At 11:37 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1300 block of Windsor Avenue in Centralia to assist other agencies after receiving a report of a vehicle prowl. While searching for a suspect, Chehalis police contacted Cory L. Hughes, 25, of Chehalis, and arrested him on outstanding warrants and on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Dog Gets Into Trash
• At 2:40 a.m. on Wednesday, a person in the 1000 block of Southeast Westside Drive called 911 to report his neighbor’s dog got into his garbage and had strewn garbage all over his yard.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
• At 2:37 p.m. on Monday, the Sheriff’s Office received a report that two hikers, described as a 27-year-old man from Kelso and a 23-year-old man from Randle, were hiking in the Packwood area and were overdue. Deputies organized a search response and at 4 p.m. made contact with the hikers on the trail. The men reported they got lost hiking back from Lost Lake and camped an extra night. Neither was injured.
Burglary Discovered After Report of Suspicious Activity
• At 9:33 p.m. on Monday, deputies from the Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of suspicious circumstances in the 100 block of Labree Road in Chehalis. Subjects were seen leaving the area of a business in a vehicle. Deputies responded and found forced entry to an outbuilding on the property. A list of stolen items was not yet available Tuesday.
$1,500 Sprinkler Head Stolen
• On Tuesday, deputies responded to the 3800 block of Jackson Highway to a report of a theft in the past two days of a Nelson SR150 sprinkler head valued at $1,500. The unknown suspects reportedly disassembled the sprinkler head and removed it from a mobile sprinkler system. The theft is under investigation.
Vehicle Collision Caused by Medical Event
• At 7:52 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 3100 block of Galvin Road to a report of a vehicle collision. A 1991 Ford F-150 driven by a 53-year-old Centralia man reportedly crossed the centerline and hit another vehicle, a 1994 Ford Ranger driven by a 26-year-old Centralia woman with a 15-year-old passenger, then came to a stop after hitting a nearby residence. The driver of the first vehicle possibly had a medical event leading to the crash, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Occupants of the second vehicle were transported to Providence Centralia Hospital for evaluation.
Ryderwood Woman Cited for DUI After Collision
• At 11:55 a.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to the 600 block of Winlock Vader Road in Winlock after receiving a report of a collision. A 2001 Honda Civic reportedly crossed the centerline and hit a 2007 Subaru Legacy. Both vehicles received major damage. The driver of the Honda, identified as Kiann M. Meloche, 43, of Ryderwood, was injured and cited on suspicion of driving under the influence. The driver of the Subaru was not injured.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 181 inmates, including 155 in general population and 26 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 121 were male and 34 female and of WERC inmates, 22 were male and 4 female. A total of 40 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.