Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Dog Bite Referred to Public Health Department, No Citations Issued
• At about 10:50 a.m. on Thursday, the sheriff’s office responded to a report of a dog bite in the 900 block of Byham Road in Winlock. A 63-year-old man was reportedly bitten by a family member’s dog. The man reportedly refused medical treatment. The extent of his injuries are unknown. No citations were issued but the incident was referred to the Lewis County Public Health and Social Services for a review under the county’s ordinance on potentially dangerous dogs.
Centralia Police Department
• At 10:07 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a two-vehicle, non-injury accident that was blocking traffic at Harrison Avenue and the Interstate 5 southbound off-ramp.
• At 11:34 a.m. on Thursday, a two-vehicle, non-injury collision was reported at the intersection of Main Street and King Street.
Possible Marijuana Brownies
• At 10:53 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a juvenile in the 800 block of Eshom Road who was suspected of attempting to distribute marijuana-infused brownies.
• At 1:59 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of gas being stolen by an unknown suspect in the 1400 block of West Main Street. The theft was thought to have taken place sometime in the past few days.
• At 2:48 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a white 1991 Honda Civic with the license plate AXH8096 that was stolen from the area of the college. There is no suspect information at this time.
Violation of Protection Orders
• At 3:28 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Daniel J. Benfield, 33, of Centralia, in the 1100 block of South Pearl Street for allegedly violating a protection order, resisting arrest and obstruction. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail. Officers arrived at Benfield’s residence to serve the order. Benfield allegedly refused to read it and did not follow police direction. He allegedly violated the order when he yelled at the petitioner after being told not to have contact with her. He then resisted arrested when officers tried to place him under arrest.
• At 6:10 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of an adult male in the 600 block of West First Street who allegedly violated a protection order by being in the same building as the petitioner. The investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.
• At 3:29 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested and released Bradford Oling, 54, of Shelton, on two Centralia Municipal Court warrants. He was issued summons to appear on new court dates.
• At 9:28 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Jordan M. Tidwell, 20, of Napavine, on an outstanding Centralia Municipal Court warrant. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• At 6:24 p.m. on Thursday, police cited and released Patricia A. Messal, 54, of Centralia, for criminal trespassing in the first-degree after she was recognized by a store employee in the 100 block of West High Street from a previous incident last year where she was arrested for shoplifting.
• At 4:02 a.m. on Friday, police arrested Lee F. Houk, 36, of Centralia, for allegedly driving under the influence. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.