By The Chronicle
Chehalis Police Department
IRS Scam Reported
• At 8:44 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a scam phone call from a person claiming to work for the IRS in the 300 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue.
• At 2:02 p.m. on Wednesday, a three-axel equipment trailer was reported stolen in the 1100 block of North National Avenue.
• At 9:28 p.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Teen Booked on Warrant, Giving Fake Name
• At 10:07 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 800 block of Southwest William Avenue and arrested a 17-year-old Chehalis boy on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of giving a false or misleading statement.
Alleged Trespasser Assaults Officer
• At 1 p.m. Thursday, police responded to a reported trespasser in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Henry T. Baker, 58, a transient, was arrested on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of third-degree assault for allegedly assaulting an officer who received cuts on the hand. He will also be referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office on a charge of second-degree criminal trespass.
Onalaska Resident Arrested on Theft Charge
• At 1:39 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and arrested Indy V. Clark, 23, of Onalaska, on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Person Reports Fish Hook in Food
• At 5:06 p.m. on Thursday, a woman in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard reported she bought food in the area and found a fish hook in her spaghetti. No further information was available.
Centralia Police Department
• At 9:01 a.m. on Thursday, medication was reported stolen from a residence in the 2200 block of Eureka Avenue.
• At 9:23 a.m. on Thursday, a white 1991 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 700 block of H Street.
• At 10:14 a.m. on Thursday, a red 1997 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 100 block of Virginia Drive.
Laptop, iPad Taken from Residences
• At 10:25 a.m. on Thursday, a laptop computer was reported stolen from a residence in the 1200 block of South Scheuber Road.
• At 1:34 p.m. on Thursday, an iPad was reported stolen from a residence in the 1400 block of Johnson Road.
Shoplifter Steals Leather Jacket
• Ay 7:46 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a shoplifter stealing a leather jacket at a store in the 1400 block of Lum Road.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday afternoon, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 206 inmates with 175 in general population and 31 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 152 were male and 23 were women and of WERC inmates, 23 were male and eight female. One inmate was on work release and 42 were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.