Centralia Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 3:17 p.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 100 block of East Main Street.
Prescription Medication Stolen
• At 7:31 p.m. on Thursday, prescription medication was reported stolen in a suitcase that was left unattended outside a business in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
Woman Issued Summons for Assault
• At 8:04 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 100 block of Shirlee Avenue. Police did not locate the suspect, identified as a 21-year-old Centralia woman, and issued her a court summons.
Purse, Contents Stolen
• At 8:28 p.m. on Thursday, a purse was reported stolen in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue. A woman reported she turned away to look at something in a store and someone stole the purse containing prescription medication, credit cards, a cellphone and keys. The case is under investigation.
Rochester Man Arrested on Disorderly Conduct Charge
• At 9:09 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Aaron J. Henning, 27, of Rochester, in the 300 block of North Diamond Street on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 10:09 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of forgery in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street.
Assault Suspect Booked
• At 10 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a domestic-violence assault on Southwest Fourth Street. Alexander M. Gallegos, 30, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Protection Order Violation Reported
• At 8:05 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a violation of a protection order in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Bank Reports Fraudulent Check
• At 2:43 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a fraudulent check at a bank in the 700 block of West Main Street.
Pig on the Loose
• At 9:39 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a pig on the loose in the 200 block of Southeast Winchester Hill Drive. A woman reported an about 50- to 60-pound pig was loose in her yard. She didn’t know who the pig belonged to.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
One Arrested After Crash
• At 2:07 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a report of a rollover crash in the 300 block of Coal Creek Road in Chehalis. They found a 2014 Kia Rio on its side on the south side of the road and a man in the driver’s seat, identified as Colt J. Kephart, 29, of Chehalis, “who at the time appeared to be snoring,” according to the Sheriff’s Office. Kephart was transported to Providence Centralia Hospital for medical care and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Chain Saw Stolen from Barn
• On Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of a chain saw being stolen in the 100 block of Pine Tree Road in Winlock between 1 p.m. Tuesday and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. The 1996 Stihl chain saw with a 32-inch bar, valued at $900, was taken from a barn. The report is under investigation.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 196 inmates, including 169 in general population and 27 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 131 were men and 38 were women and of WERC inmates, 21 were men and 6 were women. A total of 51 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside of Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.