By The Chronicle
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Onalaska Man Arrested After Alleged Threats Over Disappearance of Cat
• At 6:57 p.m. on Thursday, deputies received a report of harassment in the 200 block of Vantage Road in Onalaska. Steven E. Norris, 56, of Onalaska, was arrested on suspicion of felony harassment after his neighbor reported Norris threatened him. After officers arrived, Norris allegedly continued to make threats, saying he would shoot somebody if his missing cat was not returned to him.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 186 inmates with 161 in general population and 25 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 130 were men and 31 women and of WERC inmates, 21 were men and 4 women. A total of 44 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
Chehalis Police Department
Suspicious Vehicle Reported
• At 5:53 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a vehicle being driven erratically in the 900 block of South Market Boulevard. The reporting person told dispatchers the vehicle has been spotted in the evenings for the past month.
Centralia Police Department
• At 7:44 a.m. on Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1200 block of Alder Street. A rotary hammer was stolen from a locked tool box in a truck bed.
• At 9:38 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 300 block of West Pear Street. A wallet was stolen from a locked vehicle. The suspect allegedly entered the car through a sunroof.
Cash Stolen from Apartment
• At 8:38 a.m. on Thursday, cash was reported stolen from an apartment in the 1100 block of South Pearl Street.
• At 10:01 a.m. on Thursday, tools were reported stolen from a residence in the 1100 block of Long Road.
• At 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, a purse reported was stolen the previous day in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 8:07 p.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. A parked vehicle was damaged. The suspect vehicle was caught on surveillance video.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.