Centralia Police Department
No Injuries Reported After Vehicle Rear-Ends School Bus
• At 8:09 a.m. on Friday, a collision between a passenger car and a school bus was reported at the intersection of Main and Cedar streets in Centralia. A passenger vehicle reportedly rear-ended a school bus. There were five passengers on the bus. No injuries were reported.
• At 10:33 a.m. on Friday, malicious mischief was reported in the 900 block of L Street. A window was reportedly broken out of a parked truck.
Counterfeit Check Reported
• At 11:26 a.m. on Friday, police received a report from the 100 block of High Street that a counterfeit check was used to buy merchandise, then returned by a bank.
• At 11:33 p.m. on Friday, medication was reported stolen in the 200 block of West Oakview Avenue.
Police Respond to Disturbance Involving Assaults, Dog Bite
• At 5:05 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of a dispute in the 500 block of North Rock Street. Witnesses reported hearing a door being kicked in and loud banging. Assaults and a dog bite were reported. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.
• At 11:32 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Paul J. Wirtz, 38, of Tumwater, on suspicion of driving under the influence after stopping his vehicle for a traffic violation.
• At 3:02 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the intersection of Borst Avenue and Johnson Road and arrested Ian J. Johnson, 22, of Centralia, on suspicion of DUI. He was originally stopped for a traffic violation after allegedly nearly striking an officer’s vehicle.
Man Cited for Letting Teen Drive
• At 9:55 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the intersection of Summa Street and Roosevelt Avenue and cited Brandon M. Cole, 20, of Centralia, for allegedly allowing a 15-year-old unauthorized driver with no identification to drive his vehicle.
Suspect Booked on Warrants, Drug Charge
• At 12:05 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 400 block of North Tower Avenue and arrested Tyler M. Baker, 27, of Centralia, on suspicion of two outstanding misdemeanor warrants and possession of heroin.
Flashlights Stolen from Business
• At 4:11 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of flashlights from a business in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue. An unknown female suspect was caught on surveillance footage taking the items.
Police Assist in Arrest in Cowlitz County Assault Investigation
• At 9:03 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 700 block of East Locust Street and arrested Shane M. Mendoza, 28, of Centralia, in relation to a Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office investigation. Mendoza was wanted on suspicion of second-degree assault, felony harassment and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence, according to the Centralia Police Department.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 217 inmates with 186 in general population and 31 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 140 were men and 46 were women and of WERC inmates, 28 were men and three women.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.