Lewis County Jail
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 208 inmates with 177 in general population and 31 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 135 were men and 42 were women and of WERC inmates, 28 were men and three women. A total of 32 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
Chehalis Police Department
Disorderly Man Reported
• At 9:38 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a man swearing at people in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were reported.
Shoplifting Suspect Arrested
• At 1:18 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and arrested Orval L. Chancy, 56, of Centralia, on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly shoplifting items including makeup and batteries.
• At 4:24 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of harassment in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 10:21 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a hit and run on Northeast Median Street in Chehalis. No arrests were made.
• At 3:52 p.m. on Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 100 block of South Market Boulevard.
Neighbors Report Harassment Over New Car
• At 6:22 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of harassment between neighbors in the 300 block of Southwest James Street. The alleged victim reported they got a new car and neighbors were leaving signs on the car saying, “Free,” and “Keys Under Car.”
Centralia Police Department
• At 9:35 a.m. on Wednesday, packages were reported stolen in the 500 block of Hamilton Avenue.
Suspected Theft Caught on Video
• At 7:38 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue. The suspect was caught on video. No arrests were made.
Centralia Man Booked on Warrant, Drug Charge
• At 9:31 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 700 block of North Tower Avenue and arrested Mic J. Banks, 32, of Centralia, on an outstanding warrant. He was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a narcotic drug.
Lacey Suspect Cited on Trespass Charge
• At 5:10 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a trespasser in the 1200 block of Mellen Street. Angel A. Martinez, 23, of Lacey, was cited on suspicion of criminal trespass. He was reportedly warned not to come back to the same location earlier in the day.
Tenino Suspect Booked on Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 12:11 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1300 block of Lum Road and arrested Thomas E. Labrum, 33, of Tenino on suspicion of second-degree malicious mischief.
Driveway Reflectors Taken
• At 1:48 p.m. on Thursday, reflective driveway markers were reported stolen in the 800 block of Vienna Street.
• At 3:22 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of an assault in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue. A victim reported being hit by a male suspect. No arrests were made.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.