Centralia Police Department
License Plate Stolen
• At 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, a license plate was reported stolen in the 2400 block of Borst Avenue.
Light Bulbs Taken
• At 11:29 a.m. on Thursday, light bulbs were reported stolen from light fixtures on a front porch in the 500 block of South Gold Street.
Child’s Bicycle Stolen
• At 8:19 p.m. on Thursday, a child’s bicycle was reported stolen in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
Post Office Boxes Pried Open, Mail Stolen
• At 12:32 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a mail theft at the Centralia Post Office in the 200 block of Centralia College Boulevard. Several post office boxes were pried open. The case is under investigation.
Juvenile Assaults Adult; Investigation Ongoing
• At 4:08 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of an assault in the 400 block of West Summa Street. An adult male was allegedly assaulted by a juvenile after he swore at the juvenile’s mother. An investigation is ongoing.
Protection Order Violated
• At 2 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a violation of a protection order in the 1400 block of Maple Valley Drive. No arrests were made.
Transit Van Hits Parked Vehicle
• At 4:02 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report that a transit van hit a parked vehicle while trying to park in the 200 block of Railroad Avenue.
Chehalis Police Department
Dispute Over Fence Reported
• At 10:12 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a dispute over a fence. One neighbor was digging holes for fence posts, which were allegedly over the property line.
• At 12:02 p.m. on Wednesday, a Chromebook laptop was reported stolen in the 300 block of Southwest 16th Street.
• At 7:41 a.m. on Thursday, a laptop was reported stolen in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
• At 4:46 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Tammy Santiago, 39, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly taking $11.62 in merchandise.
• At 9:09 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The suspect reportedly walked out of the store with a basket full of products.
Disorderly Man on Trail
• At 7:29 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a drunken and disorderly man on a trail in the 800 block of Hillburger Road.
Protection Order Violated
• At 1:13 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a violation of a protection order in the 1400 block of Northwest Airport Road. No arrests were made.
Counterfeit Check Spotted
• At 1:26 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of two people in the 400 block of North Market boulevard attempting to cash a counterfeit cashier’s check. No arrests were made.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Burglary Reported in Past Year at Centralia Residence
• At 11:54 a.m. on Wednesday, deputies were dispatched to a report of a burglary in the 100 block of Northridge Drive in Centralia. Items including car tires, a television, paintings and other items valued at about $50,000 were reported stolen. The burglary occurred at some point in the past year. The residents were reportedly away for a long time.
• At 12:15 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a report of an erratic driver on Interstate 5. The vehicle was tracked to the 2700 block of Jackson Highway, where deputies arrested the driver, Eric Rafael Mendez Sanchez, 28, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Motorcycles Stolen in Burglary
• At 8:40 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary to a barn in the past day in the 2100 block of South Scheuber Road in Chehalis. A 2004 Yamaha motorcycle and 2006 Honda motorcycle were stolen. Neither was operational and the bikes were reportedly pushed from the scene. The burglary is under investigation.
Longview Man Arrested on Warrant, Drug Charge After Traffic Stop
• At 11 p.m. on Thursday, deputies conducted a traffic stop in the 200 block of Telegraph Road in Winlock on a vehicle with a defective brake light and modified or defective exhaust. The driver, Jonathan R. Brown, 28, of Longview, was arrested on a felony warrant from Kelso and on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act for allegedly possessing methamphetamine.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 190 inmates. Of that number, 159 were in general population and 31 were in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 128 were men and 31 were women. Of WERC residents, 26 were male and 5 were female. A total of 41 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.