Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Gas Cans Stolen, Toolbox Damaged in Burglary
• On Thursday, the sheriff’s office received a report of a burglary in the past two days to a property in the 2900 block of Graf Road. Three five-gallon gasoline cans were stolen and a rolling toolbox was damaged.
Cash Register Stolen From Coffee Stand
• At 4:30 a.m. on Friday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary to a coffee stand in the 1500 block of Bishop Road in Chehalis. An unknown suspect broke down a door and took an electronic cash register, according to the sheriff’s office. The incident is under investigation.
Centralia Police Department
• At 10:48 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of cash from a business in the 1100 block of West Main Street. An employee reported someone took the money while they were not attending the sale counter.
Man Reports Being Cheated by Drug Dealer
• At 11:32 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft in the 300 block of North Iron Street. A man reported he paid a drug dealer for Oxycontin pills, but the dealer never gave him the drugs. No arrests were reported.
Suspect Tries to Pawn Tool at Business it Was Stolen From
• At 12:50 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft in the 1100 block of North Pearl Street. A man reportedly tried to pawn a tool at the same business where the tool had previously been stolen. The case is under investigation. No arrests were made.
Hit and Run
• At 4:04 p.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 600 block of H Street.
Medication Stolen in Vehicle Prowl
• At 5:05 p.m. on Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 2800 block of Russell Road. Medication was stolen.
Transient Cited on Trespass Charge
• At 12:53 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 200 block of West Main Street to a report of a trespasser. Aaron J. Henning, 28, a transient, was cited and released on suspicion of criminal trespassing. He was reportedly located at an address where he had previously been contacted for trespassing.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 9:38 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a third-degree theft in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way.
• At 4:18 p.m on Wednesday, a theft was reported in the 600 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 10:04 a.m. on Wednesday, a person in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard reported a scam. The scam was claiming to be a $25 million sweepstakes.
Hit and Run
• At 10:16 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 300 block of West Main Street.
Accused Shoplifter with Baby Cited
• At 8:33 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue to a report of a woman with a baby shoplifting. Jessica F. Thompson, 28, of Olympia, was cited and released on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly taking $16 in merchandise.
Teen Tries to Escape from Juvenile Custody
• At 9:46 p.m. on Wednesday, staff from the Lewis County Juvenile Detention center transporting a 17-year-old girl back to the facility in the 1200 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue from the hospital reported that when they arrived at the facility and opened the vehicle’s door the girl ran away. She made it about two blocks before being captured and arrested. She is facing a charge of third-degree theft.
Suspect Cited After Allegedly Failing to Pay Cab Fare
• At 12:42 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft in the 200 block of Southeast Washington Avenue. A cab driver reported a rider refused to pay a $75 fare. The suspect, Daniel Y. Bezhenar, 25, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Woman Arrested on Drug Charge After Car Crash
• At 9:29 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a vehicle crash at the intersection of Main Street and Quincy Avenue in Chehalis. A vehicle reportedly ran a red light, jumped a curb and hit a power pole. The driver reportedly walked away but was arrested a few blocks away. Miranda J. Coppinger, 32, of Napavine, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and referred to prosecutors on a charge of hit and run.
• At 11:55 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1600 block Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Graffiti was spray painted on a building.
Custodial Assault Reported at Green Hill School
• At 12:37 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a custodial assault at Green Hill School in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street.
Winlock Man Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 2:11 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1000 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue to a report of an assault. Arturo Ramirez, 27, of Winlock, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 218 inmates with 182 in general population and 36 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 147 were male and 35 female and of WERC inmates, 32 were male and four female. A total of 35 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.