Centralia Police Department
Teen Referred to Prosecutors on Assault Charge
• At 8:12 a.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 800 block of Eshom Road. A 15-year-old girl is being referred to the juvenile court on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
• At 12:05 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a hit and run that took place on Friday in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue. A person reported a collision occurred that day and the parties exchanged information, but the victim later found out the other person gave them false insurance information. The incident is under investigation.
• At 2:43 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 100 block of Halliday Road in Centralia. A vehicle reportedly went off the road and occupants fled on foot. The vehicle was abandoned and impounded.
• At 1:08 p.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard. A purse was stolen from a locked vehicle.
• At 7:35 p.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 100 block of East High Street. A stereo was stolen.
• At 8:42 p.m. on Tuesday, chainsaws and a leaf blower were reported stolen from the bed of a truck in the 1200 block of West Plum Street.
• At 2:52 p.m. on Tuesday, a black 1996 Honda Civic was reported stolen in the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard.
• At 6:34 a.m. on Wednesday, a white Honda Civic was reported stolen in the 200 block of Railroad Avenue.
Man Reports Assault by Unknown Suspects
• At 10:53 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an assault in the 1700 block of Gold Street. An adult male reported he was assaulted by three other unknown men. The victim reportedly did not provide an official statement.
Chehalis Police Department
Accused Shoplifter Booked
• At 11:40 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 2100 block of North National Avenue. Jesse M. McCracken, 20, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft after allegedly taking two pairs of gloves and a pair of jeans.
Resident Reports Neighbor Drives Through Yard
• At 12:22 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 800 block of Southwest 20th Street. A person reported neighbors drove through their yard and damaged the grass.
Shopping Cart Taken
• At 2:59 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a woman taking a shopping cart from the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 6:08 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and Chamber of Commerce Way.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Laptop Stolen in Vehicle Prowl
• At 7:11 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a vehicle prowl in the 1100 block of Fieldcrest Avenue in Centralia. A person reported a laptop taken from a vehicle in the past week.
Tools, Clothes Stolen from Storage Container
• At 11:24 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary the previous night in the 100 block of Filbert Road in Silver Creek. The victim, a 32-year-old man, reported power tools, a chainsaw, clothes and other items were taken from a storage container.
Two Arrested in Connection with Vehicle Theft
• At 7:11 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 500 block of South Sixth Street in Vader after receiving a report that a 1998 Honda Civic had been stolen and was in that area. Deputies found the vehicle with a 15-year-old Vader boy driving it. The boy was arrested on a warrant and referred to prosecutors on suspicion of possession of stolen vehicle. After further investigation, deputies also arrested Marcial Gonzalez, 28, of Kelso, on suspicion of possession of a stolen vehicle.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 198 inmates with 167 in general population and 30 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 138 were male and 29 female and of WERC inmates, 27 were male and three female. One inmate was on work release and 56 were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.