Centralia Police Department
Man Arrested on Assault Charge After Slap
• At 8:58 a.m. on Friday, police arrested Juan M. Lopez Abrego, 18, of Centralia, in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of fourth-degree assault. He allegedly slapped a woman and threw food at her.
IRS Scam Reported
• At 10:48 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a phone scam from the 100 block of West Roanoke Street. A person reported getting a call from a person pretending to be from the IRS.
Stolen Vehicle Recovered
• At 11:42 a.m. on Friday, a stolen vehicle was recovered in the 1100 block of West Pear Street. The vehicle was found abandoned and returned to its owner.
• At 9:43 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 300 block of North Tower Avenue. Two backpacks were stolen.
Man Booked on Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 2:42 a.m. on Saturday, police arrested Andrew T. Baily, 23, of Centralia, in the 1000 block of North Tower Avenue on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief.
One Arrested on Meth Charge
• At 6:19 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested Kendal T. Hokama, 26, of Winlock, in the 100 block of West High Street on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. A second person, Jessie T. Anderson, 36, of Centralia, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• At 8:38 p.m. on Sunday, a burglary was reported in the 300 block of East Magnolia Street. Two packs of cigarettes were reported stolen from a residence.
• At 9:10 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. Graffiti was spray-painted on a fence.
Accused Shoplifter Arrested
• At 11:39 a.m. on Monday, police arrested Robert L. Huey, 23, of Centralia, in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of third-degree shoplifting.
Teen Assaulted; Case Under Investigation
• At 11:50 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an assault on a teenager near the intersection of Long Road and South Street. The report is under investigation.
Bus Shelter Damaged in Malicious Mischief
• At 12:17 a.m. on Tuesday, a bus shelter window was reported damaged by an unknown suspect in an act of malicious mischief near the intersection of Sixth and B streets.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 8:40 a.m. on Friday, a Saturn vehicle was reported stolen in the past week in the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue.
• At 11:10 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a credit card scam from a person in the 200 block of Southwest Third Street.
• At 11:13 a.m. on Friday, a person in the 1300 block of Southwest William Avenue reported her grandmother received a scam phone call.
Suspect Arrested After Dispute
• At 10:32 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of a family dispute in the 600 block of Southwest 20th Street. Felipe Bedolla-Aguilar, 46, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.
Attempted Theft Reported
• At 9:19 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of an attempted theft in the 600 block of Northwest Lafayette Street. A person reported catching someone going through a neighbor’s garage. The person confronted the alleged thief, who dropped a weed cutter he took and ran away.
Hit and Run
• At 12:28 p.m. on Saturday, a hit and run was reported in the 2600 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue.
Dog Kills Chicken
• At 8:27 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a vicious dog in the 7000 block of Northwest West Street. The dog reportedly killed a chicken.
Alleged Shoplifter Booked on Drug Charge
• At 2:08 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1700 block of North National Avenue to the report of a shoplifter taking more than $328 in merchandise. The woman reportedly gave police false names, then gave them permission to search her vehicle for her identification. Police reportedly found drugs in the car and booked the suspect, Sherri L. Scott, 34, of Centralia, on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. She was referred to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree theft and obstructing officers.
Shoplifter Steals Cologne
• At 1:13 p.m. on Sunday, a shoplifter was reported in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. A person reportedly tried to steal Versace cologne. No arrests were reported.
• At 8:16 p.m. on Sunday, pills were reported stolen from a residence in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard.
Trespasser, Shoplifter Reported
• At 8:50 p.m. on Sunday, a trespasser was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. The male suspect also reportedly took a bottle of vodka outside the store. No arrests were reported.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
ATVs Stolen in Burglary
• On Friday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Hagen Road in Mossyrock to a report of a burglary at a pole barn. The barn door’s lock was cut and four ATVs, valued at a total of $4,700, were stolen. The burglary reportedly occurred between Wednesday and Friday.
DUI Suspects Arrested
• At 1:16 a.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a vehicle rollover at the intersection of Chilvers and Brockway roads in Chehalis. Deputies arrived to find a 1994 Toyota truck that rolled over, but no driver at the scene. Later, a person returned to the scene and reported the Toyota belonged to him but had been stolen. The man, identified as Christopher W. Hanson, 26, of Chehalis, later admitted he crashed the vehicle. He was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 12:32 p.m. on Sunday, deputies pulled over a vehicle in the 2100 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis on suspicion of driving with wheels off the roadway. The driver, Jerry D. Armstrong, 46, of Ethel, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.