Centralia Police Department
• At 7:46 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary at a detached garage in the 1500 block of Lewis Street. Tools were stolen.
Cash Register Taken
• At 10:49 a.m. on Tuesday, a burglary was reported at a business in the 100 block of Harrison Avenue. A cash register and scale were taken.
• At 5:16 p.m. on Tuesday, a pair of Nike shoes was reported stolen from a store in the 1300 block of Lum Road.
Hit and Run
• At 12:35 a.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue.
• At 2:11 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1000 block of Eckerson Road. An unidentified person smashed several windows on a vehicle.
Teen Referred for Marijuana Charge
• At 8:24 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report of marijuana possession in the 800 block of Eshom Road. A 15-year-old boy was referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office for possible charges for possession of marijuana.
• At 8:54 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Tanner J. Watson, 22, of Mossyrock, in the 500 block of Jefferson Street on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Rochester Resident Cited for Shoplifting
• At 11:05 p.m. on Wednesday, police cited Cheyne M. Youckton, 19, of Rochester, in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly shoplifting alcohol.
Man Arrested After Parking on Railroad Tracks
• At 12:19 a.m. on Thursday, police arrested Steven R. Stacy, 32, of Rochester, at the intersection of Reynolds and Blair roads in Centralia on suspicion of obstructing a public servant. Stacy reportedly intentionally stopped his vehicle on a set of railroad tracks and refused to exit his vehicle when ordered to by officers.
Burglary Suspect Flees K9 Pursuit
• At 6:59 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a burglary in the 1300 block of West Main Street. A woman saw a person by her shed with her tool box. The suspect reportedly fled toward Interstate 5. Police initiated a search with a police K9 but were unable to locate the suspect.
Chehalis Police Department
Debit Card Fraud
• At 12:06 p.m. on Monday, police received a report that a debit card was fraudulently used at a store in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lacey Man Cited on Shoplifting Charge
• At 1:52 p.m. on Monday, police cited Vonte D. Trimble, 31, of Lacey, on suspicion of third-degree theft in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue for allegedly stealing $58.03 in merchandise.
• At 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a backpack was reported stolen in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Teens Found with Suspected Marijuana
• At 1:47 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street to a report of a fight between middle school students. While there, police learned of a separate incident involving three juveniles suspected of having marijuana. The drug case is under investigation. No charges were filed in the assault.
Phone Scam Reported
• At 5:52 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a phone scam from the 500 block of Southwest 16th Street.
Woman Steals Birthday Cakes
• At 6:16 p.m. on Tuesday, a woman reportedly stole two birthday cakes in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
Man Booked on Assault Charge After Frightening Children
• At 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a man scaring children in the 1000 block of Northwest Prindle Street. Police received a report that a man was in the area talking with children, giving them items and shaking their hands. He reportedly wouldn’t let go of one child’s hand. James P. Sauter, 54, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault for the alleged unwanted contact.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Door Damaged in Winlock Break-In
• The Sheriff’s Office is investigating a burglary reported in the 200 block of Winlock Waters Drive in Winlock Tuesday. The burglary reportedly occurred between March 9 and Tuesday. A sliding glass door valued at $300 was damaged. It is unknown if anything was stolen.
Swords Stolen From Storage Unit
• The Sheriff’s Office received a report this week of a burglary April 14 or 15 at a storage unit in the 300 block of Kirkland Road in Chehalis. A box spring mattress, three samurai swords and prop movie swords were taken.
Instruments, Guns Stolen in Mossyrock Burglary
• At 3:09 p.m. on Monday, deputies from the Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a burglary in the 200 block of Blankenship Road in Mossyrock. A guitar amp, guitar, multiple firearms, gaming consoles and knives were stolen. Electronics in the home were damaged. The total loss for the victim is estimated at $7,825. The case is under investigation.
Items Stolen from Packwood Cabin
• At 2 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a burglary to a cabin in the 100 block of Timberline Drive in Packwood. A womens’ snowboard boots and bindings, an acoustic guitar and a TV were stolen. The suspects possibly entered the cabin through an unsecured window.
Chehalis Burglary Under Investigation
• At 11:52 a.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary occurring in the 100 block of Shannon Lane in Chehalis within the past two weeks. A window was damaged and items including a machete, toolboxes, a rake, shovel and propane heater were stolen. The incident is under investigation.
Centralia Man Arrested on Assault Charge After Property Dispute
• At 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to the 400 block of Reinke Road in Centralia to a report of a property dispute. Deputies arrested Corey L. Moran, 41, of Centralia, on suspicion of assault after he allegedly pulled a pistol on a neighbor who parked in a way that blocked his driveway.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.