Centralia Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 8:54 a.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 200 block of West Second Street.
• At 8:21 a.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and High Street. A vehicle collided with another, then fled the scene, according to the Centralia Police Department.
Car Hits Bicycle
• At 11:16 a.m. on Thursday, a car versus bicycle collision was reported in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue.
Fidget Spinner Stolen
• At 9:25 a.m. on Thursday, a fidget spinner was reported stolen in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 2:33 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a burglary in the 300 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Suspects reportedly left items at the location. No arrests were made.
Assault Suspect Arrested
• At 4:09 p.m. on Thursday, a police officer reported hearing a woman yelling in the area of the the intersection of North Market Boulevard and Northwest Front Street and responded. The officer reportedly saw the woman push a man. Kristen A. Novoa, 29, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Trespassers Reported in Vacant House
• At 5:22 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a trespasser on Southeast Spring Street. Cathy R. Ashley, 50, of Chehalis, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• At 8:21 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of people trespassing in a vacant house on Southeast Spring Street.
Alleged Shoplifter Booked on Drug Charge
• At 4:33 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A search of the suspect during the arrest reportedly located drug paraphernalia and illegal drugs. Jennifer L. Davis, 43, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act and referred to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
ATV, Brush Cutter Stolen in Burglary
• At 7:23 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Pattee Road in Chehalis to a report of a burglary. A 2005 Honda Foreman 500 ATV and a 2008 Stihl brush cutter were reported stolen between June 1 and Wednesday.
Man Arrested After Alleged Death Threat
• At 5:50 p.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of harassment in the 100 block of Linda Vista Drive in Chehalis. A 65-year-old woman reported the suspect threatened to shoot her, then shoot himself. The suspect, Jerry A. Hill, 72, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of felony harassment.
Teens Arrested With Stolen Handgun
• Two boys, aged 14 and 16, were arrested Thursday in Centralia on suspicion of stealing a handgun earlier in the month, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. The two boys were booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention center. According to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office, the firearm, a Rossi 38 caliber revolver valued at $300, was stolen at about 1 a.m. June 3 from the 800 block of Pheasant Road in Centralia. The gun’s owner, a 51-year-old man, reported his son took the gun without asking to shoot it with some friends. The friends, the arrested suspects, then allegedly stole the gun from the victim’s son and ran away.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.