Centralia Police Department
Juvenile Caught with Marijuana
• At 1:58 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 800 block of Eshom Road in Centralia after receiving a report that a juvenile female brought marijuana to school. The girl was referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court.
Clothing Stolen from Store
• At 6:45 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1300 block of Lum Road. Clothing was stolen from a retail store.
Chehalis Suspect Booked for False Statement
• At 10:17 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 1000 block of Ham Hill Road and arrested Bradley D. Mitchell, 32, of Chehalis, on suspicion of making a false statement to a police officer.
Truck Found Crashed, Abandoned
• At 2:39 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report that a black Dodge truck was found crashed and abandoned at the intersection of Marion and Gold streets. The truck was towed from the scene.
• At 12:33 p.m. on Saturday, a burglary to a shop in the 1200 block of West Chestnut Street was reported. Stereo equipment was stolen.
• At 1:44 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of someone entering a vacant house in the 500 block of Hillkress Street. A suspect appeared to be staying in the vacant home and stealing items, according to a report. No arrests were made.
Suspect Booked on Meth Charge
• At 12:58 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 400 block of West Main Street and arrested Rodney D. Oleachea, 52, of Chehalis, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. He was also referred to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree driving with a suspended license.
Window Damaged in Malicious Mischief
• At 2:27 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 500 block of South Silver Street. A window and frame were damaged.
• At 3:48 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of tools stolen from a work site in the 2600 block of North Pearl Street.
Two Booked on Organized Theft Charges
• At 5:41 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1300 block of Lum Road and arrested Rachel C. Reyburn, 30, of Seattle, and Armen A. Ovchiyan, 35, of Burien, on suspicion of organized retail theft.
Centralia Man Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 9:09 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1500 block of Lewis Street and arrested Vern J. Gumph, 54, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Car Hits Garbage Can
• At 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a vehicle striking a garbage can, damaging the can, in the 900 block of J Street.
Vehicle Taken Without Permission
• At 6:21 a.m. on Sunday, a person in the 800 block of North Pearl Street reported a vehicle was taken without permission by a family member.
• At 10:03 p.m. on Sunday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1300 block of Kresky Avenue. A light bar was reported stolen from a Jeep in a parking lot.
• At 2:35 p.m. on Monday, clothing and change was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of North Pearl Street.
• At 11:46 p.m. on Sunday, a Samsung tablet was reported stolen in the past month in the 400 block of South Tower Avenue.
Kids Referred to Prosecutors on Assault Charges
• At 8:22 a.m. on Monday, police responded to the 800 block of Field Avenue to a report of an assault. An 11-year-old boy is being referred to prosecutors for allegedly assaulting another juvenile.
• At 7:05 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 600 block of West Roanoke Street. A 16-year-old boy is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after allegedly punching two other children.
Credit Card Fraud Reported
• At 11:49 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of credit card fraud from the 700 block of Harrison Avenue.
Wire, Plumbing Stripped from Foreclosed Home
• At 3:48 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a burglary to a foreclosed home in the 1200 block of Bayne Street. Wire and plumbing were stolen.
• At 6:39 p.m. on Monday, a red and grey Roadmaster 26-inch mountain bike was reported stolen from a front yard in the 1900 block of Ahlers Avenue.
• At 8:49 p.m. on Monday, a vehicle was reported stolen in the 100 block of South Pearl Street. The owner reported he accidentally left the keys in the car.
Chehalis Police Department
License Plate Stolen
• At 8:06 a.m. on Friday, a rear license plate was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Northwest Liberty Place.
Centralia Man Arrested After 911 Hangup
• At 1:07 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue after dispatchers received a 911 hangup call. They arrived and noticed signs of a disturbance, according to the police department. Julio Nunez Rojas, 34, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of unlawful imprisonment, domestic violence, and was referred to prosecutors on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence, and interfering with reporting of domestic violence. A search incident to his arrest also revealed a smoking device and a white crystal substance not yet identified, according to the police department.
Trespasser Reported Living Behind Building
• At 3:32 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 900 block of Northwest State Avenue. Occupants of a building reported a man living near railroad tracks behind the building. No arrests were made.
Three Vehicles Egged
• At 10:03 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report that a vehicle was egged in the 500 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue. At 10:46 that morning, another caller reported his vehicle was egged on Southwest Fourth Street. A third person reported an egging at 4:19 p.m. Saturday on Southwest 11th Street.
• At 12:27 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 11:37 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and arrested Benjamin T. Stenberg, 25, of Centralia, on suspicion of third-degree theft. He was accused of shoplifting $8.78 in merchandise.
• At 8:47 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a fight between two women in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way. No arrests were made.
Hit and Run
• At 9:56 a.m. on Sunday, a hit and run was reported in the 1400 block of Northwest Airport Road.
• At 4:58 p.m. on Sunday, a wallet was reported stolen in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Man Booked on Drug Charge After Calling 911 for Help
• At 6:30 a.m. on Friday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Estep Road in Napavine after receiving a report that a man in the area called 911 for help, saying he was planning to hurt himself. Deputies found a man in a running vehicle. The subject, Shane G. Williams, 43, of Tacoma, reportedly admitted to smoking methamphetamine and was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. He was also referred to prosecutors on suspicion of a physical control DUI.
Winlock Driver Arrested After Hitting Flowerbed, Power Pole
• At 9 p.m. on Saturday, deputies responded to a report of a truck hitting a flowerbed and brick retaining wall in the 100 block of East Stella Street in Napavine. A second report came in of the vehicle hitting a power pole in the 2700 block of state Route 603. Law enforcement stopped the vehicle and arrested driver Cameron D. Neumann, 28, of Winlock, on suspicion of driving under the influence and two counts of hit and run. The 2000 Toyota Tundra truck he was driving had major damage.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 213 inmates with 186 in general population and 27 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 145 are male and 41 are female and of WERC inmates, 23 are male and 4 female. A total of 40 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.