Centralia Police Department
Man Booked on Meth Charge
• At 6:54 a.m. on Thursday, police pulled over a vehicle in the 1500 block of Belmont Avenue for a traffic stop. The driver, identified as David C. Rahnert, 40, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine after an officer reportedly observed him throwing the drug out the vehicle’s window during the traffic stop.
Man Arrested After Walking Into Stranger’s Home
• At 3:30 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 200 block of West Magnolia Street and arrested Sparticas Arrington IV, 32, of Centralia, on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass. Arrington was accused of entering a residence that didn’t belong to him and frightening the occupants of the residence.
Man Accused of Swallowing Bag of Cocaine to Avoid Drug Arrest
• At 12:03 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 800 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Tavryn L. Lindsey, 22, of Toledo, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and heroin and identity theft. Lindsey allegedly gave a family member’s name instead of his own to avoid arrest on a felony warrant. He is also accused of tampering with evidence after allegedly swallowing a plastic bag of cocaine to hide it from police.
Rocks, Eggs Damage Vehicle
• At 8:12 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a vehicle in the 2600 block of Seward Avenue. Rocks and eggs were used to damage the vehicle.
Chehalis Police Department
Hit and Run
• At 1:33 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way.
Pool Balls Stolen
• At 1:57 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of pool balls in the 400 block of Northwest Prindle Street.
Fence Tagged With Graffiti
• At 10:51 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of graffiti on a fence in the 100 block of Southwest Eighth Street.
Woman Arrested on Drug Charge After Trespassing Report
• At 12:40 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 200 block of Southwest 14th Street after receiving a report of a person living in a camper on property with a condemned and fire-damaged home. Megan M. Murphy, 29, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act and referred to prosecutors on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
Shoplifter Steals Batteries, Candy Bars
• At 3:57 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a shoplifter stealing batteries and candy bars in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Forest Service Finds Marijuana Grow
• On Aug. 28, U.S. Forest Service employees spraying for noxious weeds in the area of the Woods Creek Wildlife Area off Forest Road 25 reported finding several small marijuana gardens in the forest. Deputies responded on Wednesday and found 43 adult marijuana plants in five small garden areas in the forest. The plants were photographed, pulled and seized as evidence. An investigation is ongoing.
Man Arrested on Meth Charge During Vehicle Prowl Investigation
• At 8:08 p.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to an area near the intersection of Twin Oaks Road and state Route 6 in Chehalis to a report of a vehicle prowl. A woman reported she parked her SUV to walk the Willapa Hills Trail, but went back to the car after hearing the alarm to find a window broken and a bag stolen. Deputies contacted a man reportedly riding a bike in the area, identified as Gerald Abbott, 51, of Rochester, and reported finding a pipe with methamphetamine residue in his possession. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine. Items stolen from the vehicle were not found in his possession. The vehicle prowl is still under investigation.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 195 inmates, with 170 in general population and 25 inmates in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 127 were men and 43 were women and of WERC inmates, 20 were men and five women. A total of 48 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.