Centralia Police Department
Pressure Washer, Tools Stolen from Shed
• At 9:38 a.m. on Friday, a burglary was reported at a storage shed in the 1500 block of Lewis Street. A pressure washer and tools were stolen. The suspects also reportedly attempted to break into a coin-operated clothes dryer.
• At 10:27 a.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 700 block of North Tower Avenue. James A. Chapman, 80, a transient, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of fourth-degree assault and resisting arrest. Chapman alleged tried to hit two people with a shower curtain road and resisted officers’ attempts to detain him.
• At 10:41 a.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 100 block of West Pine Street. A doghouse was reported stolen from a vehicle.
• At 2:01 p.m. on Friday, tools and a toolbox were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of West Main Street.
• At 11:25 a.m. on Saturday, a Stihl chainsaw was reported stolen from the bed of a pickup truck in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue.
• At 4:04 p.m. on Monday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 400 block of West Pear Street. A wallet and papers were stolen. An unknown suspect also reportedly attempted to start the vehicle.
• At 1:31 p.m. on Friday, a set of aluminum wheels were reported stolen in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue.
Teen Booked on DUI Charge
• At 2:17 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 2600 block of West Reynolds Avenue and arrested a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Bicycle Seat Stolen
• At 3:29 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft of a bicycle seat in the 500 block of North Iron Street.
Man Issued Summons for Assault
• At 10:27 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of an assault in the 1500 block of Delaware Avenue. A 53-year-old male transient was issued a summons to appear for a court hearing on a charge of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Tacoma Suspect Arrested After Seen Choking Man
• At 12:40 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 700 block of Harrison Avenue after getting a report of a man seen choking another man in a business’s parking lot. Michael L. Bus, 25, of Tacoma, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Winlock Man Cited on Marijuana Charge
• At 1:09 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 400 block of West Main Street in Centralia and cited Brandon L. Caley, 20, of Winlock, on suspicion of being a minor in possession of marijuana. Stormie M. McKenzie, 19, of Winlock, was arrested on an outstanding Lewis County Superior Court Warrant.
Shelton Woman Booked on Theft Charge
• At 4:23 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 500 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Kathleen J. Willis, 42, of Shelton, on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Vehicle Prowl Suspect Booked
• At 2:41 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 2500 block of Eureka Avenue and arrested Kendra J. Chancey, 32, of Centralia on suspicion of second-degree vehicle prowl.
No-Contact Order Reported Violated
• At 3 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a violation of a no-contact order in the 900 block of North Tower Avenue. Police have not determined if a violation occurred.
Accused Trespasser Arrested
• At 6:39 a.m. on Monday, police responded to the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue and arrested Trevor A. Smith, 25, a transient, on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
Hit and Run
• At 12:59 p.m. on Monday, a hit and run occurring on Oct. 10 was reported in the 100 block of West High Street.
• At 6:39 a.m. on Tuesday, a white 2002 Ford van was reported stolen in the 2600 block of Cooks Hill Road. The vehicle was left running and unattended to warm up.
Chehalis Police Department
Suspect Arrested After Interrupted Burglary
• At 8:01 a.m. Friday, police received a report of an interrupted burglary to a storage unit in the 1100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue. Michael P. Doven, 35, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary.
• At 9:08 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of methamphetamine found in a building in the 500 block of Southeast Washington Avenue.
• At 10:33 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 2100 block of North National Avenue.
Hit and Runs
• At 12:24 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 300 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 3:54 p.m. on Saturday, a hit and run was reported in the 200 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 4:54 p.m. on Saturday, a hit and run occurring in the past week was reported in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 1:46 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 300 block of Northeast Washington Avenue. A wallet and cigarettes were reported stolen. A suspect reportedly left a message for the victim.
• At 2:04 p.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 300 block of Southwest Third Street. Prescription pain medication was reported stolen.
• At 2:18 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft of a wallet in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Thousands In Merchandise Stolen from Store
• At 4:38 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft occurring on Oct. 25 from the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Suspects allegedly stole two computer towers and a computer monitor valued at more than $3,500. The business turned over a video of the incident to police.
Attempted Burglary Reported
• At 10:25 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of an attempted burglary in the 600 block of Northwest Hawthorne Place. Unknown suspects reportedly tried to enter through both front and back doors.
Man Spotted Sleeping in Stairwell at School
• At 11:16 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a man sleeping in a stairwell at Cascade Elementary School on Southwest Third Street.
• At 12:50 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a car vandalized with spray paint in the 100 block of Southwest Veterans Way.
• At 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report from the 400 block of West Washington Street in Napavine that a man stole a jacket and sold it to a pawn shop.
Burglary Reported to Garage
• At 6:02 p.m. on Sunday, a burglary was reported to a garage in the 500 block of Northwest Quincy Place. Tools, a leaf blower and gasoline were reported stolen.
Trespasser Reported at Store
• At 8:11 p.m. on Sunday, a trespasser was reported at a store in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
K9 Helps Catch Warrant Suspect
• At 6:20 p.m. on Friday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Southeast First Street in Winlock after receiving a report of a suspect with a warrant who fled from law enforcement. The suspect reportedly fled into a wooded area. Sheriff’s Office K9 Axel was deployed and deputies arrested Steven R. Luurs, Jr., 37, of Winlock on an outstanding warrant and referred him to prosecutors on a charge of resisting arrest.
Tools Stolen in Chehalis Burglary
• At 3:45 p.m. on Sunday, deputies received a report of a burglary occurring in the past month in the 200 block of Woodard Road in Chehalis. The victim, a 79-year-old woman, reported $1,200 in tools were stolen from a detached garage.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 192 inmates with 166 in general population and 26 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 137 were male and 29 were female and of WERC inmates, 24 were male and two female. One inmates was on work release and 44 were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
For the month of October, the jail had an average total population of 204, with average populations of 176 in general population and 28 in the WERC unit. The average number of inmates booked through contracts with other agencies was 46.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.