Centralia Police Department
Chehalis Resident Booked on Obstruction Charge
• At 8:23 a.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Rachel J. Rider, 35, of Chehalis, in the 1100 block of Roosevelt Avenue on suspicion of obstructing law enforcement and resisting arrest.
Child’s Bike Tire Taken
• At 9:54 a.m. on Tuesday, a child’s front bicycle tire was reported stolen in the 300 block of N Street.
Juveniles Shoot Vehicle Windows with Pellet Gun
• At 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of malicious mischief after receiving a report of juveniles in the 600 block of West Main Street shooting out windows on parked vehicles with a pellet gun. Two juveniles were referred to prosecutors on suspicion of second-degree malicious mischief.
• At 8:10 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Scott R. Reichert, 60, of Centralia, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Two Arrested on Drug, Obstruction Charges
• At 4:17 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a drug violation in the 1400 block of Alexander Street. Jessica R. Gladue, 38, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin and methamphetamine and outstanding warrants. She is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of violating a no-contact order and obstructing law enforcement. James L. Allen, 50, of Winlock, was also arrested on suspicion of providing false information to officers.
• At 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, a mountain bike was reported stolen outside of a business in the 200 block of South Pearl Street.
Centralia Men Arrested on Drug Charges
• At 11:11 a.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Brandon W. Hackney, 29, of Centralia, in the 400 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and heroin.
• At 12:06 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a vehicle prowl in the 2800 block of Russell Road. They contacted two suspects, one of whome, identified as Nicholas J. Huston, 24, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Man Booked for No-Contact Order Violation
• At 1:31 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 100 block of West Maple Street and arrested Steven G. Friese, 63, of Centralia, on suspicion of violation of a no-contact order and on an outstanding Centralia Municipal Court warrant.
Jewelry Stolen in Burglary
• At 5:47 p.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 100 block of North Gold Street. Jewelry was stolen.
‘Mutual’ Assault Reported
• At 6:49 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a “mutual” assualt report between two people in the 700 block of South Tower Avenue.
Man Leaves Restaurant Without Paying for Food
• At 4 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report that a man left a business in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue without paying for food he ate. Police responded to the area but did not find the suspect.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 11:17 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary in the 100 block of Southwest Fourth Street in Chehalis. A resident reported returning home to find items including gas cans, a generator and a toolbox stolen from a garage.
Bag of Meth Found
• At 1:23 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report that a bag containing suspected methamphetamine was found in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Man with Sheep Suspected in Disorderly Conduct
• At 5:31 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of disorderly conduct in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard. A man with a sheep allegedly “became aggressive” and started yelling after he was asked to leave a property. No arrests were made.
• At 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, a 1986 Toyota car was reported stolen in the 400 block of Southwest 18th Street. A person who called 911 reported seeing the vehicle hitting a telephone pole as it was being driven away.
• At 12:59 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a drunken individual trying to fight people in the 100 block of Northeast Coal Creek Road. No arrests were made.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Teenage Hitchhiker Arrested on Theft Charges
• At 1:05 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a theft in the 100 block of Foster Creek Road near Toledo. A wallet containing debit and credit cards was reported stolen. The victim, a 69-year-old man from Winlock, told deputies the suspect was a 17-year-old boy from Longview. Later that afternoon, deputies contacted the suspect, and reportedly found him with the stolen cards. The boy reportedly confessed to stealing the wallet when the victim gave him a ride when he was hitchhiking. The boy was booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention center on suspicion of six counts of second-degree theft.
• At 4:50 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a crash in the 300 block of Butts Road in Morton. Deputies arrived to find a motorcycle on its side in tall grass and a rider with a minor burn to his leg from the vehicle’s exhaust. The rider, Bert M. Klinger, 58, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
• At 9:27 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies stopped a vehicle in the 100 block of Seventh Street in Vader for allegedly failing to signal twice. Driver Douglas A. Lohse, Jr., 61, of Vader, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
• On Tuesday, deputies received a report of a theft of a firearm occurring at some point since January in the 200 block of Bellicum Road in Morton. The victim reported the Colt Combat Commander 1911 45 caliber nickel plated pistol valued at $2,600 was stolen from an outbuilding. The theft is under investigation.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.