Centralia Police Department
• At 10:44 a.m. on Monday, police received a report that tires were slashed on two different vehicles parked in the 300 block of Rock Street. An investigation is ongoing.
• At 11:33 a.m. on Monday, $200 in cash was reported stolen overnight in the 1300 block of Alexander Street.
Hit and Run Suspect Cited
• At 12:27 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 500 block of North Tower Avenue. Kellie E. James, 46, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of hit and run.
Juveniles Referred on Assault Charges
• At 7:34 p.m. on Monday, police were dispatched to a report of an assault involving juveniles in the 600 block of West Roanoke Street. Three juveniles are being referred to juvenile court prosecutors on suspicion of fourth-degree assaults against each other.
Fireworks Violations Reported
• Starting at 10:07 p.m. on Monday, police received multiple reports of fireworks being set off within city limits after designated hours. Officers issued warnings to several residents.
• Starting at 8:52 p.m. on Tuesday, police received numerous fireworks complaints within city limits. Officers gave verbal warnings to several residents.
• At 11:33 p.m. on Tuesday, Christopher S. Anderson, 24, and Dennis R. Mathews, 23, of Centralia, were cited near the intersection of Fourth Street and Tower Avenue on suspicion of violating state fireworks laws. They allegedly lit fireworks in the roadway on two separate occasions despite a warning from an officer.
Attempted Gasoline Theft Reported
• At 12:13 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an attempted theft of gas near the intersection of Floral and Gold streets in Centralia. A fuel line on a van was cut in an attempt to drain fuel from the tank. No arrests were made.
Centralian Arrested on Drug Charge
• At 1:39 a.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Nicholas F. Henderson, 62, of Centralia, in the 100 block of East High Street on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and on an outstanding warrant.
Tools Stolen in Burglary
• At 7:11 p.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 500 block of West Fourth Street. Tools were stolen from the garage in the past week.
Paving Stones Taken
• At 8:21 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of paving stones in the 1400 block of Logan Street in the past week.
Police Investigate Check Fraud
• At 11:43 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of unlawful issuance of bank checks from the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A woman reported another person wrote checks on her account without her permission. The case is under investigation.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 8:56 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 700 block of Southwest William Avenue.
Accused Shoplifters Cited
• At 10:13 a.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in a bathroom opening perfume boxes in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. Jamie K. Martini, 44, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
• At 4:47 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Josiah J. Thomas, 49, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
• At 12:47 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of indecent exposure in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A man was reportedly seen urinating in the parking lot.
• At 3:18 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of harassment in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
• At 3:44 p.m. on Monday, a littering violation was reported on Southwest 14th Street. A couch was dumped on a property.
• At 10:45 p.m. on Monday, a suspected trespasser was reported in the 1000 block of North National Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 4:22 a.m. on Wednesday, a trespasser was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest State Avenue.
• At 11:50 p.m. on Monday, police received a fireworks complaint from the 300 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 1:39 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of residents lighting illegal fireworks in the 300 block of Southwest Ninth Street.
• At 3:26 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary occurring in the past few days in the 700 block of Northwest Pennsylvania Avenue.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.