Centralia Police Department
• At 1:30 p.m. on Friday, tool boxes were reported stolen from a truck bed in the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue. The theft occurred the previous night.
Shoplifter Steals Dresses
• At 1:33 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 100 block of West High Street. Two dresses were stolen.
California Man Arrested on DUI Charge After Collision
• At 1:57 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. Tyler W. Meyers, 25, of Mount Shasta, California, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Hit and Run
• At 7:28 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 1200 block of south Gold Street. A vehicle reportedly struck a light pole. The driver fled the scene on foot and was not immediately located.
• At 6:11 p.m. on Sunday, a hit and run was reported in the 1200 block of Mellen Street. The fleeing vehicle was described as a red Honda.
Man Arrested on Meth Charge
• At 9:49 p.m. on Friday, Justin L. Hyde, 40, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue.
Collision Reported Between Car and Motorcycle
• At 11:21 a.m. on Saturday, a collision was reported between a vehicle and a motorcycle at the intersection of Belmont and Harrison avenues. Minor injuries were reported.
Cold Medicine Stolen
• At 11:31 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a theft of cold medicine by a woman in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
Rochester Man Booked
on Drug Charge
• At 6:17 p.m. on Saturday, police arrested James P. Douglas, 28, of Rochester, in the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of possession of heroin. Douglas was reportedly first detained on suspicion of shoplifting, and police found heroin in his possession.
Cash Register Stolen in Burglary
• At 6:39 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a burglary to a business in the 1600 block of Kresky Avenue. A cash register was taken.
No Contact Order Violated
• At 11:42 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of a violation of a no contact order in the 1000 block of Woodland Avenue. Police plan to issue a court summons to a suspect.
Juveniles Arrested on Organized Retail Theft Charges
• At 6:33 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested five juvenile males from Kent on suspicion of organized retail theft in the 1300 block of Lum Road. The boys were reportedly detained when they returned to their car with shoplifted property. Police searched their vehicle and found additional property that had been reported stolen, according to the police department.
Fuel Lines Cut
• At 8:59 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 300 block of South Pearl Street. Fuel lines on parked vehicles were cut.
• At 3:29 p.m. on Monday, money was reported stolen from a purse in the 1300 block of Alexander Street.
Man Issued Summons
for Malicious Mischief
• At 6:13 p.m. on Monday, police issued a court summons for a 30-year-old Centralia man in the 400 block of Girard Street on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence.
Chehalis Police Department
Drifting Driver Cited
for Reckless Driving
• At 9:54 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a driver in a lime green truck was trying to drift around a corner at the intersection of Louisiana Avenue and Chamber Way. Police responded and located the truck. Driver Timothy C. Axtell, 18, of Chehalis was cited and released on suspicion of reckless driving.
• At 11:01 a.m. on Friday, a shoplifter was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 8:24 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1000 block of South Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
Teens Take Liquor
• At 2:56 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of five teenagers stealing alcohol in the 500 block of South Market Street. No arrests were made.
Fake $100 Found
• At 6:22 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a fake $100 bill in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Trucker Cited for
• At 7 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of indecent exposure in the 1600 block
Police made contact with the alleged suspect at his semi truck and cited Daniel G. Gallon, 63, of Abbotsford, British Columbia with indecent exposure and urinating in public.
Road Rage Reported
• At 7:21 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a disturbance at the intersection of Airport Way and Louisiana Avenue. Two men from different vehicles reportedly were fighting on the side of the road. No arrests were made.
Teen Booked on Burglary Charge
• At 1:24 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a possible in-progress burglary in the 500 block of William Avenue. A person reported a shed was broken into and that suspects were possibly still inside. Police arrived and found two suspects on the premises. One 16-year-old Chehalis boy was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary with the help of a K9 Unit. A second suspect, a 15-year-old Chehalis boy, is still being sought by police.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Kalama Driver Booked
on DUI Charge
• At 9:36 a.m. on Sunday, deputies received a report of a reckless driver running vehicles off the road on southbound Interstate 5 near milepost 82 in Centralia. Deputies staged in the area of milepost 79 and waited for the vehicle to pass. Driver Dana Jean Spiess, 51, of Kalama, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Suspect Referred for Charges in Alleged Domestic Violence Assault
• At 11:14 p.m. on Friday, deputies received a report of malicious mischief and an assault in the 3500 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis. The alleged victim reported the suspect, identified as a 29-year-old Chehalis man, broke his laptop, choked him, bit him and tried to gouge out his eye, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The suspect left before deputies arrived and deputies plan to refer the suspect to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office on suspicion of second-degree assault and second-degree malicious mischief, both domestic violence offenses.
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.