Centralia Police Department
• At 8:10 a.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle prowl was reported the previous night in the 700 block of Ham Hill Road. Nothing was stolen.
• At 11:01 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft from the Elks Lodge in the 200 block of South Tower Avenue. A large, metal elk statue was stolen overnight.
License Plate Taken
• At 12:01 p.m. on Tuesday, a license plate was reported stolen from the 100 block of Virginia Drive.
• At 12:47 p.m. on Tuesday, two lightbulbs were reported stolen from a porch in the 200 block of North Tower Avenue.
Tacoma Man Cited on Trespassing Charge
• At 1:33 p.m. on Tuesday, police cited Trevor A. Smith, 25, of Tacoma, in the 1000 block of Eckerson Road on suspicion of trespassing.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 7:48 a.m. on Tuesday, a man reported his wallet was stolen while he was shopping in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard.
• At 1:38 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 700 block of South Market Boulevard.
Disorderly Man Reported
• At 6:43 p.m. on Tuesday, a disorderly man was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A man was reportedly walking around waving his hands and yelling.
Lock Picked, Burglary Reported
• At 1:04 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary occurring Friday night on Southwest 17th Street. Nothing was taken. The person reporting the incident reported a lock might have been picked.
Woman Seen Trying to Pry Open Door
• At 7:14 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a woman seen trying to pry open a door in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were reported.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
• At 8:20 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a vehicle in the ditch in the 100 block of Salkum Road. Deputies arrived and found people trying to help the driver pull his vehicle out of the ditch. The driver, identified as William L. Hoyt, 45, of Roy, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Teen Arrested for Trespassing, Violating Protection Order on School Property
• At 5:02 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to Onalaska School District property in the 500 block of Carlisle Avenue after receiving a report of harassment and a threat by a 17-year-old boy. A 15-year-old girl was identified as the victim. Deputies responded and learned the threat was unsubstantiated, but arrested the boy on suspicion of violation of a protection order in which the girl was the protected person and for second-degree criminal trespass.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 191 inmates, with 165 in general population and 26 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 130 were men and 35 women and of WERC inmates, 22 were men and four women. A total of 53 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.