Centralia Police Department
Suspects Cited on Theft Charges
• At 11:56 a.m. on Friday, police cited Cherisse M. Pearson, 29, of Centralia, in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of third-degree theft.
• At 1:02 p.m. on Friday, police cited Qiersten L. Ramsay, 20, of Chehalis, in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Hit and Run
• At 12:54 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard. The incident occurred in the past several weeks, according to the police department.
• At 1:03 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a gas drive-off in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue.
Man Arrested for Allegedly Damaging Windshield
• At 7 p.m. on Friday, police arrested Scott N. Edwards, 35, of Centralia, in the 600 block of North Pearl Street, on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief. He was accused of damaging a woman’s car windshield during a dispute.
Men Steal Beats Headphones
• At 7:19 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft from a retail store in the 1200 block of Lum Road. Three men reportedly went into an outlet store and stole a set of Beats headphones valued at $300.
Minor Injuries Reported in Vehicle vs. Bicycle Crash
• At 1:11 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a vehicle versus bicycle collision in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue. Minor injuries were reported.
Teens Accused of Aiming, Firing Gun
• At 3:18 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of an unlawful display of a weapon in the 1300 block of Kayu Lane. A person reported two teens confronted him and pointed a pistol at him. The teens then reportedly said the gun wasn’t real and shot it in the air. The victim reported he thought it could have been an airsoft gun. The teens fled the scene after the incident.
Centralia Man Booked for Protection Order Violation
• At 6:33 p.m. on Saturday, police arrested Rodney J. Rios-Cook, 34, of Centralia, in the 400 block of North Ash Street in Centralia on suspicion of violating a protection order.
Man Arrested on Suspicion of Assault with Car
• At 7:55 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1200 block of Mellen Street after receiving a report of an assault. A man allegedly rammed his vehicle into an occupied and parked vehicle during a dispute. The man, identified as Bert Holmes, 37, of Chehalis fled the scene. His vehicle was recovered and impounded, and he was booked into the Lewis County Jail at 8:23 a.m. Monday, according to the jail roster.
Thief Steals E-Cigarette, Juice, Beer
• At noon on Sunday, police received a report of a theft in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue. The suspect stole an e-cigarette, juice and beer from a convenience store.
Centralians Arrested on Assault Charges
• At 12:35 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue. Ramon Garcia-Simpson, 22, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
• At 6:12 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested Steven M. New, 58, of Centralia, in the 1000 block of Eckerson Road on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
• At 6:35 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested Patricia Knickerbocker, 47, of Centralia, in the 600 block of Marion Street on suspicion of fourth-degree assault. She was accused of assaulting a man, then attempting to prevent him from calling police.
• At 6:30 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 1300 block of Harrison Avenue. Police issued a summons for a 32-year-old woman who allegedly grabbed a man by the throat before fleeing the scene.
• At 4:18 p.m. on Sunday, a burglary was reported at a residence in the 1100 block of E Street. Mulitple items were reported stolen. The case is under investigation.
• At 5:37 a.m. on Tuesday, a burglary to a garage was reported in the 900 block of B Street.
North Bend Resident Booked on DUI Charge
• At 8:42 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested Lisa D. Schwabe, 53, of North Bend, in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 10:10 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 600 block of G Street.
Washing Machine Damaged in Malicious Mischief
• At 11:03 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 900 block of B Street. A person broke into a laundry facility and damaged a washing machine the previous evening.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 9:03 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 1000 block of South Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
• At 3:57 p.m. on Saturday, a trespasser was reported in the 100 block of Southwest Fifth Street.
• At 9:34 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 700 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue. Witnesses reported seeing flashlights in the yard of an abandoned house.
• At 2:43 p.m. on Friday, tools were reported stolen from a retail store in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way.
Hit and Runs
• At 3:01 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 200 block of Southwest First Street.
• At 12:15 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Chehalis Avenue and Third Street.
• At 4:16 p.m. on Friday, a theft was reported in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
• At 6:13 p.m. on Friday, police received a report that tires were slashed in the 1000 block of southwest 11th Street.
Drunk Driver Parks in Front of Jail, Calls 911, Asks for a Ride
• At 2:13 a.m. on Saturday, a man called 911 and reported that he planned to drive home, but realized he was too drunk and pulled over in front of the Lewis County Jail. He told dispatchers he was drunk and needed a ride. Police responded and found a vehicle parked in front of the jail, but unoccupied.
Victim Reports Harassing Phone Calls
• At 4:37 p.m. on Saturday, a person reported getting harassing phone calls in the 1000 block of North National Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
DUI Suspect Arrested After Crash
• At 10:41 a.m. on Saturday, deputies responded to a report of a crash in the 800 block of Rhoades Road in Winlock. A vehicle reportedly drove off the road into a ditch, then came to rest after hitting a fence. The driver, James L. Marthini, 64, of Toledo, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.