Centralia Police Department
Gas Theft Suspect Issued Summons
• At 11:13 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a theft of gasoline in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue. A 26-year-old Chehalis man was issued a court summons.
• At 12:03 p.m. on Thursday, medication was reported stolen in the 1100 block of L Street.
Yard Art Taken
• At 2:27 p.m. on Thursday, yard decorations were reported stolen in the 100 block of North Ash Street.
Assault Between Juveniles Reported
• At 4:28 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of an assault between juveniles in the 2900 block of Mt. Vista Road.
Personal Care Items Stolen
• At 1:01 a.m. on Friday, personal care items were reported stolen from the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
Dog-Loving Thief Takes Toys
• At 6:20 a.m. on Friday, police received a report that a large tote full of dog toys was stolen from the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue.
Police Investigate Assault Involving Vehicles
• At 11:16 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a first-degree assault over “relationship issues” that led to an assault in which vehicles collided. Each person blamed the other and no arrests were made.
Chehalis Police Department
Tow Dolly Stolen
• At 7:37 a.m. on Wednesday, a tow dolly was reported stolen in the 2000 block of North National Avenue. The victim reported it was the second tow dolly reported stolen in the past 10 days.
• At 10:31 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of an assault in progress in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street. No arrests were made.
• At 11:46 a.m. on Wednesday, trespassers were reported on Northeast Washington Avenue. The reporting person told dispatchers they found a “young couple” in an apartment that didn’t belong to them.
• At 3:34 p.m. on Wednesday, a man reportedly refused to leave a location on Northwest Louisiana Avenue and was reported to police as a trespasser. No arrests were made.
• At 11:58 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of forgery in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Tool Set Stolen, Pawned
• At 3:02 p.m. on Wednesday, a tool set was reported stolen in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way. The set was reportedly later pawned.
• At 4:54 p.m. on Wednesday, police received reports of graffiti on several buildings in the area of the 400 block of Southwest 15th Street.
Aggressive Dog Traps Woman in Car
• At 10:48 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that an aggressive dog had a woman trapped in a vehicle in the 300 block of Northeast Washington Avenue.
Suspicious Man Seen With Baseball Bat
• At 2:15 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a suspicious man with a baseball bat looking in businesses’ windows in the 500 block of North Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
Two Cited After Alleged Shoplifting
• At 5:19 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Britney Bailey, 22, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft. Logen Elliott, 20, of Pe Ell, was cited on suspicion of criminal trespass.
Accused Shoplifter Takes Cigarettes
• At 4:04 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 600 block of West Main Street after receiving a report of a shoplifter. A man reportedly stole cigarettes from a store and fled the scene. Police arrested the suspect, Roy D. Lee, 38, of Newcastle, Indiana, on suspicion of third-degree theft. Lee had reportedly just been released from the Lewis County Jail before being arrested again.
Hit and Run
• At 7:09 p.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Prospect Street and 16th Street. The suspect reportedly ran from the scene.
Bicycle Stolen from Vehicle
• At 6:09 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a bicycle stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Burglary Reported Near Mineral
• The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a burglary occurring between Sept. 3 and 13 in the 3400 block of state Route 7 in Mineral. TVs and personal items were reported stolen. The unknown suspects entered through the back door.
Vader Man Arrested After Threat with BB Gun
• At 11:55 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Enchantment Lane in Vader after receiving a report of a dispute involving shots fired. They arrived to find three women who reported the suspect called to them and shot what appeared to be a black handgun three times. Richard Bakke, 65, of Vader was arrested on suspicion of three counts of first-degree assault. The gun was later found to be a BB gun. The Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office declined to charge Bakke with a felony. He was referred to Lewis County District Court for misdemeanor charges.
Woman Booked for Taking Vehicle
• At 10 a.m. on Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of a person taking a vehicle without permission in the 1700 block of Ferrier Road in Winlock. The vehicle, a 1999 Honda Accord, was located near the intersection of Koontz and Jordan roads in Chehalis. Sophea M. Delavergne, 34, of Chehalis was arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without permission.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 171 inmates, with 141 in general population and 25 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 121 were male and 25 were female and of WERC inmates, 20 were male and 25 were female. A total of 44 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.