Centralia Police Department
• At 7:07 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a vehicle prowl in the 1200 block of West Main Street. A jacket and cell phone accessories were reported stolen.
• At 6:39 p.m. on Thursday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. A cell phone was stolen.
• At 4:44 a.m. on Friday, vehicle prowls were reported in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. Batteries were stolen from several vehicles parked behind a business in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. The case is under investigation.
Man Booked on Protection Order Violation
• At 7:56 a.m. on Thursday, police arrested Clim G. Grant, 39, of Centralia, in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue on suspicion of violating a no-contact order.
Man Found With Stolen Car
• At 8:14 a.m. on Thursday, police arrested Johnny Wright, 19, of Chehalis, in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue in Centralia on suspicion of second-degree possession of stolen property. He was allegedly found in a Honda passenger car that had previously been reported stolen in Tacoma.
Suspect Cited in Hit and Run
• At 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a hit and run in the 1000 block of Belmont Avenue. Adrianna M.R. Roberts, 19, of Centralia, was cited and released on suspicion of hit and run after she allegedly hit a vehicle and left the scene.
Vehicle Taken Without Permission
• At 9:04 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report from the 1400 block of Crescent Avenue that a vehicle was taken without permission. The vehicle was later returned.
Chehalis Police Department
Woman Arrested for Alleged Drug Possession
• At 10:47 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 1400 block of Louisiana Avenue after receiving reports of people using drugs in a car. Officers responded and talked with both individuals. Sarah A. Gee, 28, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Man in Motor Home Reported as Trespasser
• At 4:17 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report of a man in a motor home trespassing. The man’s belongings were allegedly “strewn about” between two businesses, according to a report from the police department. No arrests were made.
• At 5:25 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of harassment and a threat in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
Caller Reports Driver with Toddler in Lap
• At 5:50 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a person driving a vehicle near the intersection of Coal Creek Road and North National Avenue with a toddler in their lap. Washington State Patrol was advised of the report.
• At 6:28 p.m. on Wednesday, graffiti was reported on a garage in the 600 block of Southwest William Avenue.
Beer Sign, Pool Cue Stolen After Garage Sale
• At 8:17 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft in the 200 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue. A man reported a Miller High Life beer sign and a pool cue were stolen from his porch after a garage sale.
Caterpillar Excavator Stolen
• At 9:46 a.m. on Thursday, a Caterpillar excavator was reported stolen in the past month from the 1100 block of Northwest Maryland Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 11:48 a.m. on Thursday, a hit and run was reported in the 2600 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue.
Tools Stolen in Burglary
• At 11:54 a.m. on Thursday, a burglary was reported in the 300 block of Northwest Georgia Avenue. Tools were stolen.
Garbage Cans Taken
• At 4:59 p.m. on Thursday, garbage cans were reported stolen in the 400 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue.
• At 11:40 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a trespasser making threats in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Deputies Search for Eluder on Motorcycle
• At about 5 p.m. Wednesday, deputies attempted to stop a motorcycle on southbound Gold Street at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds on suspicion of reckless driving. The motorcycle fled toward Chehalis, then turned back toward Centralia, reaching speeds of more than 100 mph, according to the Sheriff’s office. Deputies stopped the pursuit for safety concerns when the motorcyclist began driving the wrong way on Tower Avenue. An investigation is ongoing.
Cell Phones Stolen
• The Sheriff’s Office recently received a report of the theft of two silver Samsung Edge smart phones between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. July 2 in the 100 block of Orchard Drive in Salkum. The phones were reportedly stolen during a get together on July 2.
Credit Cards, Necklace Taken
• At 7:22 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 1200 block of Eshom Road in Centralia to a report of a theft of two credit cards and a necklace earlier in the day. A person of interest has been identified and an investigation is ongoing.
Onalaska Man Booked on Drug Charge
• At 2:30 a.m. on Friday, deputies conducting a traffic stop near the intersection of Market Boulevard and Fourth Street in Onalaska contacted the vehicle’s passenger on suspicion that he had drug paraphernalia. Deputies found suspected methamphetamine in the man’s possession and arrested Logan P. Buholm, 25, of Onalaska, on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
As of Friday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 202 inmates. Of those, 173 were in general population, including 142 men and 31 women. The jail’s WERC unit, or Work Ethic and Restitution Center housing module, had 29 inmates, including 25 men and four women. Of the total jail population, 48 inmates were housed through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.