Centralia Police Department
Car Batteries Stolen
• At 9:03 a.m. on Friday, used car batteries were reported stolen in the 1400 block of South Tower Avenue.
Napavine Man Arrested on Theft, Drug Charges
• At 9:48 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 600 block of West Pear Street and arrested Robert R. Green, 30, of Napavine on suspicion of theft in an incident the previous day. During a search, police reported finding heroin in his possession. Green was also booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Alleged Phone Thief Arrested
• At 10:20 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 1000 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Shawnna L. Case, 34, of Centralia, on suspicion of second-degree theft. She was accused of stealing a cell phone that had been left in a bathroom stall. The phone was later recovered.
Centralia Man Booked for Unlawful Imprisonment
• At 1:50 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 600 block of South Silver Street and arrested Reece W. Giddings, 18, of Centralia, on suspicion of unlawful imprisonment, domestic violence. He was accused of holding a woman against her will for an hour during an argument and preventing her from calling 911.
Assault Suspect Issued Summons
• At 4:19 p.m. on Friday, police responded to the 1800 block of North Tower Avenue to a report of an assault. A summons on a charge of fourth-degree assault was issued to a 32-year-old male suspect who reportedly fled the scene before police arrived.
Woman Reports Assault, Theft of Purse
• At 10:01 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of an assault in the 700 block of South Tower Avenue. A woman reported she was assaulted by a man and woman and that her purse was also stolen. The incident is under investigation.
• At 8:10 a.m. on Saturday, a white and green 1978 Ford truck was reported stolen in the 1000 block of South Silver Street.
Transient Booked on Assault Charge
• At 9:27 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 500 block of West Cherry Street and arrested Jimi T. Mahoney, 46, a transient, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Vehicle Hood Stolen
• At 11:46 a.m. on Saturday, a hood was reported stolen from a parked vehicle in the 300 block of South Second Street.
Safe Stolen in Burglary
• At 2:12 p.m. on Saturday, a safe was reported stolen in a burglary in the 500 block of Woodland Avenue.
Man Caught Trying to Steal Honda
• At 3:33 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 100 block of Virginia Drive after receiving a report of a man attempting to steal a Honda vehicle. No arrests were made. The incident is under investigation.
• At 4:41 p.m. on Saturday, a burglary was reported in the 200 block of L Street. Tools were stolen.
Woman Booked for Drug Charge, Warrant
• At 10:36 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1100 block of West First Street and arrested Kalina J. Goodwin, 34, a transient, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and a state Department of Corrections warrant.
Purse Stolen while Victim Shops
• At 1:14 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft in the 100 block of West High Street. A woman reported she set her purse down while shopping and someone stole it.
Counterfeit Cash Reported
• At 2:40 p.m. on Sunday, a business in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue reported a person tried to pay with a counterfeit bill and fled when told the money was fake.
• At 4:17 p.m. on Monday, a counterfeit $20 bill was found at a business in the 500 block of North Pearl Street.
• At 4:59 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 400 block of North Buckner Street and arrested a 15-year-old girl on suspicion of fourth-degree assault for allegedly assaulting her mother and third-degree assault for allegedly trying to bite officers during her arrest.
Teen Faces Charge for Kick at Health Care Worker
• At 10:37 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. A 14-year-old girl is being referred to prosecutors on a charge of third-degree assault for allegedly kicking a health care worker. A minor injury was reported.
Teen Cited for Marijuana, Driving Without License
• At 3:58 a.m. on Monday, police responded to the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Pearl Street and cited a 17-year-old male for driving without a valid license or identification and referred him to prosecutors on suspicion of possession of marijuana.
Coffee Stand Burglary Reported
• At 5:33 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a burglary to a coffee stand in the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue. Cash was stolen.
Suspect Identified in Malicious Mischief
• At 11:02 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1100 block of Centralia Avenue. A 48-year-old Centralia man was accused of destroying property belonging to his wife. He reportedly fled the area on foot and will be referred to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 235 inmates with 201 in general population and 34 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 163 were male and 38 were female and of WERC inmates, 31 were male and three female. A total of 34 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.