Centralia Police Department
Computer Virus Leads to Bank Fraud
• At 8:32 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of bank fraud from the 900 block of West Chestnut Street. A person reported a computer virus led to a fraudulent bank transaction.
One Booked on Theft Charge
• At 2:12 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Amanda B. Smith, 24, of Centralia, in the 1300 block of Lum Road on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly shoplifting. A second person, Kyle R. Morrison, 25, of Centralia, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
Teen Booked on Assault Warrant
• At 12:56 a.m. on Tuesday, police arrested a 17-year-old girl in the 700 block of West Chestnut Street on an outstanding warrant in an assault case.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 5:13 p.m. on Monday, harassment was reported in the 200 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue.
Disorderly Man Arrested After Alleged Threats
• At 6:32 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a disorderly man threatening customers at a Chehalis business. Police received reports of the man harassing people at at least three other locations.James P. Sauter, 54, of Chehalis, was arrested in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Attempted Theft of Computer Reported
• At 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an attempted theft of a laptop computer in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Water Pump Stolen
• At 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday, a water pump was reported stolen in the 1000 block of Southwest 20th Street.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
One Arrested After DUI Crash
• At 8:10 a.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of a vehicle in a ditch in the 100 block of Pleasant Valley Road in Winlock. Driver Casey D. Knox, 33, of Bremerton, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Man Arrested on Domestic Violence Charge
• At 6 p.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of an assault in the 4700 block of Galvin Road. A woman reported she was sleeping in a tent under the west side of a bridge in the area when her companion began hitting her in the face and head because she was making too much noise.The woman ran to the road and flagged down a passing car so she could call 911. Law enforcement officers responded but did not immediately locate Elmore. Officers initiated a K-9 track, which was not successful, and later arrested Elmore in the 3800 block of Galvin Road. Brian J. Elmore, 36, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Chain Saws Stolen in Randle Burglary
• At 5:42 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the past two weeks in the 9000 block of Highway 12 in Randle. Two Stihl chain saws and a toolbox, valued together at $775, were stolen from an equipment shed.
Toledo Man Booked for Driving Stolen Vehicle
• At 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, deputies pulled over a vehicle near the intersection of Camus Road and state Route 505 in Toledo after checking the license plate and discovering it belonged to a vehicle stolen from Longview. Lake A. Gregson, 27, of Toledo, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a stolen vehicle. Gregson allegedly initially told deputies he borrowed the vehicle.
Suspect Booked on Trespassing Charge
• At 7:16 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 200 block of Keasling Road in Chehalis to a report of a trespasser. Residents reported a relative who had been banned from the property was there. Chance J. Smith, 21, a transient from the Winlock area, was arrested and
booked on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
Arrest for Suspected Heroin, Meth at Jail
• On Wednesday at approximately 2:30 p.m., deputies were informed of a visitor at the Lewis County Jail who had a warrant out for her arrest. Corrections staff informed deputies that Chandra M. Munsey, 23, of Centralia, had a warrant. She was subsequently arrested. While being processed, deputies discovered two small plastic bags with suspected methamphetamine and one plastic bag with heroin. Munsey was booked into the Lewis County Jail for the violation of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act for the possession of suspected meth and suspected heroin.
Furniture, Other Items Stolen on Onalaska Burglary
• On Tuesday, deputies received a report of a burglary occurring in the past week in the 300 block of Carlisle Avenue in Onalaska. The victim reported returning home and finding furniture and other large items missing from the residence. There were no signs of forced entry. The incident is under investigation.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.