Centralia Police Department
• At 9:24 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report that a vehicle tire was vandalized in the 100 block of South Gold Street.
• At 4:23 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of damage to a vehicle parked in the 1700 block of South Gold Street.
Hit and Run
• At 10:13 a.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 3000 block of Borst Avenue.
Man Cited for Open Liquor Container
• At 2:04 a.m. on Wednesday, police cited Lucas Bryan, 27, of Centralia, for allegedly having an open liquor container in public in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue.
• At 11:12 a.m. on Wednesday, a key was reported stolen from a business in the 1200 block of Lum Road.
Seattle Resident Booked on Trespassing Charge
• At 12:55 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road and arrested Joel L. Kaech, 26, of Seattle, on suspicion of criminal trespass.
Woman Arrested on Assault Charge
• At 3:43 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to the 1100 block of Marion Street and arrested Jennifer Holt, 34, of Centralia, on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Burglary Reported at Business
• At 3:59 a.m. on Thursday, a burglary was reported at a business in the 1100 block of West Main Street. The burglary happened overnight.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 1:19 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of graffiti on a garage in the 700 block of Southwest 12th Street.
• At 2:11 p.m. on Monday, a young male reportedly stole a beer from the 600 block of West Main Street.
Counterfeit Bills Reported
• At 3:28 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of counterfeit cash in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 3:54 p.m. on Monday, counterfeit cash was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 8:34 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a trespasser in the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street at Penny Playground. Two homeless people were reportedly sleeping under a tree by the bathroom and using drugs. No arrests were made.
Suspicious People Reported
• At 10:01 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of suspicious people in the 900 block of Northwest Prindle Street. People were reportedly prowling around houses in the neighborhood.
Rats Generate Complaint
• At 10:32 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a rat infestation in the 100 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue. Two residences with piled up garbage were reportedly attracting the rodents.
• At 2:42 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of identity theft in Chehalis.
Driver Arrested on DUI Charge After Crash
• At 6:03 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Kresky Avenue and Median Street in Chehalis. The driver in one vehicle, identified as Jerry L. Holmes, 48, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Occupants of the second vehicle included a driver and about five children. No information on injuries was available.
Suspected Shoplifters Reported
• At 10:49 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an attempted shoplifting in the 900 block of Northwest Prindle Street.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Boat Motor Stolen
• At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, deputies were dispatched to a report of a theft of a boat motor from the 300 block of Jordan Road in Winlock. The victim, a 67-year-old man, reported the four-stroke boat motor worth $1,250 was stolen and a fuel line in the boat was damaged. The motor was reportedly stolen from the boat the previous day
Teen Faces Charge in Dirt Bike Eluding Case
• At 8 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to the 300 block of Centralia Avenue in Onalaska for a complaint of dirt bikes and pickup trucks racing down the street. Deputies attempted to contact one juvenile on a dirt bike, but he reportedly fled the scene. Deputies chased the teen, but stopped after his driving became too “reckless,” according to the Sheriff’s Office. Deputies later contacted the 15-year-old Onalaska boy and will refer him to Juvenile Court prosecutors on suspicion of attempting to elude an officer.
Tacoma Man Suspected in No-Contact Order Violation
• At 1:09 p.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of a violation of a no-contact order in the 12900 block of U.S. Highway 12 in Packwood. A 38-year-old woman reported her ex-spouse, a 25-year-old man, contacted her in violation of a no-contact order. The suspect could not be located and will be referred to prosecutors.
Guns, Jewelry Stolen in Centralia Burglary
• At 3:20 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the 100 block of. Sandy Boulevard in Centralia. The victim, a 51-year-old Centralia man, reported multiple pieces of jewelry and four firearms stolen. The stolen guns include a Ruger MK II pistol, a Sig Sauer P226, a Beretta 92 and a Heckler and Koch 45. Together, the guns are valued at $3,000. Entry was made through the home’s back door. The incident is under investigation.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 205 inmates, including 177 in general population and 28 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 143 were men and 34 were women. Of WERC inmates, 23 were men and five were women. A total of 55 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.