Centralia Police Department
• At 8:25 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 3000 block of Borst Avenue. A group of mailboxes was damaged the previous night.
• At 9:41 a.m. on Friday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 200 block of South Silver Street. A backpack and money were reported stolen.
• At 4:23 a.m. on Sunday, an air compressor and staple gun were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1800 block of North Pearl Street.
• At 6:35 a.m. on Sunday, vehicle batteries were reported stolen overnight from vehicles in the 1000 block of H Street.
Chehalis Man Cited for Transit Conduct
• At 1:02 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a report of a disorderly person in the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue and cited Matthew E. Eastman, 33, of Chehalis, on suspicion of unlawful transit conduct.
Suspect Cited for False Statement After Crash
• At 3:40 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Locust and Gold streets. Kayla K. Cuhna, 28, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of giving a false statement.
• At 10:57 p.m. on Friday, a shoplifter was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A male suspect allegedly stole a basket full of groceries. No arrests were made.
Man Booked For Disorderly Conduct at Hospital
• At 2:52 a.m. on Saturday, police arrested Randy W. Hausinger, 55, a transient, in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road, on suspicion of interfering with a health care facility.
• At 9:31 a.m. on Saturday, a burglary was reported at an apartment in the 700 block of North Pearl Street. An investigation is ongoing.
Thief Takes Beer, Sunglasses
• At 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a shoplifter taking beer and sunglasses the previous day at a business in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue.
Hit and Run
• At 5:59 p.m. on Saturday, a hit and run was reported the previous day in the 600 block of North Tower Avenue.
Harley Davidson Stolen
• At 8:27 p.m. on Saturday, a white 2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy Softtail motorcycle was reported stolen in the 2400 block of Seward Avenue. An investigation is ongoing.
Rochester Man Booked on Assault Charge
• At 9:50 p.m. on Saturday, police arrested Julio Ramirez-Antonio, 29, of Rochester, in the 1400 block of Johnson Road on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Woman Arrested on Warrant, Meth Charge
• At 5:26 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1200 block of Alder Street and arrested Briget J. Parker, 24, of Centralia, on an outstanding warrant and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Police Investigate Reported Protection Order Violations
• At 9:43 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of three violations of a protection order the previous weekend in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue. An investigation is ongoing.
• At 10:10 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a violation of a protection order in the 1300 block of St. Helens Street.
Hot Tub Cover Taken
• At 10:59 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of a hot tub cover from a fenced yard in the 2200 block of North Tower Avenue.
Vehicle Stolen in Centralia, Recovered in Tumwater
• At 1:09 a.m. on Sunday, a green 1996 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 200 block of West Plum Street. The car was later recovered in Tumwater.
• At 1:05 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a shoplifter stealing coats in the 1300 block of Lum Road. No arrests were made.
Suspect Cited on Trespass Charge
• At 3:06 p.m. on Monday, police responded to the 500 block of South Tower Avenue and cited Lucas D. Bryan, 27, a transient, on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespass.
Chehalis Police Department
Man Accused of Trying to Steal Garbage Cans
• At 12:39 p.m. on Friday, police received a report from the 100 block of North Market Boulevard of a man trying to steal garbage cans. When confronted, the man reportedly asked if he could borrow the garbage cans. No arrests were made.
Kids Smash Pumpkins
• At 10:57 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of juveniles damaging pumpkins in the area of the intersection of Eighth Street and Cascade Avenue.
Attempted Break-In Reported
• At 4:25 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of an attempted break-in caught on camera in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Video footage reportedly caught a suspect throwing an object at a glass door. The glass shattered but didn’t break out of the door.
Accused Shoplifter Cited
• At 3:32 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Jessica P. Chilberg, 29, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Tent Trailer Stolen
• At 6:27 p.m. on Saturday, a 1989 Coleman pop up tent trailer was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 8:32 p.m. on Saturday, a jacket was reported stolen in the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Driver Booked on DUI Charge After Crash
• At 1:45 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the intersection of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and Northwest Chamber of Commerce Way after getting a report of a vehicle hitting a pole. Driver Robert J. Wibbles, 60, of Olympia, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 9:15 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of telephone harassment from the 1700 block of North National Avenue.
• At 2:41 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of harassment by a neighbor in the 600 block of Northwest Prindle Street.
Scam Caller Pretends to Be Officer
• At 2:17 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a scam call from the 1800 block of Southwest Kimberly Court. The caller reportedly claimed to be an officer and threatened the victim with an arrest for not showing up for a grand jury selection and had the victim’s full name and address. However, the scammer hung up after the victim questioned his incorrect pronunciation of “Chehalis.”
Counterfeit Cash Spotted
• At 12:31 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of counterfeit $50 bills being passed in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Disorderly Woman Reported
• At 4:33 p.m on Sunday, police received a report of a disorderly woman in the 600 block of West Main Street.
Burglary Reported at Apartment After Tenant Died
• At 11:02 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a burglary in the 300 block of Northeast Adams Avenue. A person reported seeing people in an apartment whose resident had recently died. No arrests were made.
• At 4:51 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of skateboarders trespassing in the 2600 block of Northeast Kresky Avenue.
Customers Threaten Store Staff
• At 2:54 a.m. on Monday, police received a report that about six people were threatening a store staff member in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Victim Receives Sexually Explicit Text
• At 6:52 a.m. on Monday, a victim in the 1300 block of Southwest Kelly Avenue reported receiving an unwanted sexually explicit text message.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Two Arrested on Warrants, Drug Charges
• At 4:45 a.m. on Friday, deputies initiated a traffic stop for an erratic vehicle on Interstate 5 at the milepost 77 offramp. Driver Jamie L. Chesterfield, of Yelm, was arrested on an outstanding warrant and violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act. Passenger Brian L. West, 33, of Lacey, was also arrested on a warrant, violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act and referred to prosecutors on suspicion of possession of a dangerous weapon for having a springblade knife.
Boys Suspected in Vader Burglary
• At 5 p.m. on Sunday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary occurring earlier in the day in the 600 block of B Street in Vader. Items stolen or damaged included a paint sprayer, sound bar, two TVs, a glass tabletop and a window screen. Deputies contacted a 10-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy seen leaving the residence on bicycles towing items in a cart. The boys reportedly admitted to taking items from the house but told deputies they thought the home was abandoned.
Suspect in Bicycle Theft Arrested on Drug Charge
• At 3:28 p.m. on Friday, deputies responded to a report of a stolen bicycle on Highway 603 in Chehalis. Deputies arrested Michael D. Seidel, 22, of Yelm, on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
Deputies Investigated Possible Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Incident in Toledo
• At 1:10 a.m. on Sunday, deputies received a report of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian in the 100 block of Mulford Road in Toledo. They responded and learned a male pedestrian approached a vehicle driven by a 50-year-old male with a 24-year-old female passenger. The pedestrian, who previously had a relationship with the woman, according to the sheriff’s office, reportedly opened the passenger side door. The vehicle sped away, leaving the pedestrian on the ground, unconscious. It is unknown how the man was injured or ended up on the ground, according to the sheriff’s office. The pedestrian was airlifted to St. Joseph Hospital in Tacoma with a head injury. The incident is under investigation.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Monday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 210 inmates, with 183 in general population and 27 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 154 were male and 29 were female and of WERC inmates, 23 were male and four female. Three inmates were on work release and 45 were booked into the jail through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.