Centralia Police Department
• At 7:07 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an attempted burglary in the 200 block of East Oakview Avenue. In the previous night, a person removed a sheet of plywood nailed over a door, but was not successful in gaining access to the building.
Vehicle Damaged in Attempted Theft
• At 10:05 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a vehicle in the 1300 block of Lakeshore Drive. An unknown suspect attempted to drill out the locks on a parked vehicle. The suspect was not able to get into the car, but the door was damaged.
Lockbox Damaged in Burglary
• At 11:33 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary in the 400 block of West Main Street. An insurance business reported a payment lockbox was damaged overnight. It was unknown at the time if any payments were stolen.
Beer Theft Suspect Cited
• At 9:11 p.m. on Tuesday, police cited Jeffrey G. Gibbons, 48, of Seattle, in the 600 block of South Tower Avenue on suspicion of third-degree theft. He was accused of stealing beer.
Woman Referred to Prosecutors for Assault at Health Care Facility
• At 9:54 p.m. on Tuesday, police referred a 24-year-old Chehalis woman to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree assault. She was accused of assaulting two people at a health care facility in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road.
Centralia Man Booked on Obstruction Charge
• At 1:07 a.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Joseph C. Tivnan, 27, of Centralia, on suspicion of obstructing a public servant in the 100 block of South Tower Avenue. A local business told him to leave and he reportedly refused. He reportedly refused to identify himself to police.
• At 11:23 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of an HP tablet in the past month from a residence in the 1000 block of Centralia Avenue.
• At 4:37 a.m. on Wednesday, a 2000 Honda Civic was reported stolen in the 500 block of Woodland Avenue.
Woman Arrested After Assault on Roommate
• At 10:04 a.m. on Wednesday, police arrested Joellen L. Bation, 56, of Centralia, in the 1300 block of St. Helens Avenue on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence. She allegedly kicked her roommate in the back of the leg, which knocked her down.
Man Arrested After Alcohol Theft
• At 11:19 a.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a report of a theft of alcohol in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. Police identified the suspect, who was seen leaving the scene of the theft in the vehicle. The owner of the vehicle reported the suspect took it without permission. Shane T. Bonagofski, 33, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without permission. Some of the stolen alcohol was recovered.
Vehicle Hits Pole
• At 4:21 p.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle reportedly hit a pole in the 2000 block of Borst Avenue. The driver was issued a traffic citation, according to the police department.
Stolen Debit Card Used to Get Money from ATM
• At 7:03 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that a stolen debit card was used to get money from an ATM in the 1000 block of North Gold Street. An investigation is ongoing.
Suspect Arrested on Drug Charge, Warrant
• At 4:45 a.m. on Thursday, police arrested Shyla M. Winterholler, 35, of Centralia, in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue on suspicion of possession of heroin and a state Department of Corrections warrant.
Chehalis Police Department
Custodial Assault Reported at Green Hill
• At 11:25 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an assault by an inmate on a corrections officer at Green Hill School in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street. Staff members attempted to stop a physical fight between two inmates and one officer was struck in the process. Adrian Pimentel, 20, was cited on a charge of custodial assault.
• At 11:50 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of trespassing in the 200 block of Southwest James Street. A back door was reportedly kicked in.
• At 9:40 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of people trespassing on railroad tracks near the intersection of Northwest Prindle and Northwest Front streets.
• At 12:01 p.m. on Monday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 700 block of Southwest 18th Street.
• At 5:23 p.m. on Monday, tools were reported stolen from the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Phone, Wallet Stolen from Shopping Cart
• At 5:46 p.m. on Monday, a phone and wallet were reported stolen from a shopping cart in the 1000 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 8:17 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of harassment from the 300 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue.
Rooster on the Loose
• At 5:52 p.m. on Wednesday, a rooster was reported running loose near the intersection of Cascade Avenue and Second Street.
Teen Shoplifters Reported
• At 8 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report that two teens stole items from a store in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard an were hiding in trees behind the store. No arrests were made.
Two Arrested on Drug Charges
• At 2:11 a.m. on Thursday, police arrested Kristen A. Novoa, 29, and Jason R. Snow, 25, both of Chehalis, on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act. Snow was later booked on an additional charge of possession of a controlled substance by a prisoner after he was reportedly found to be in possession of heroin in the Lewis County Jail.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Puyallup Man Arrested on DUI Charge
• At 6:45 p.m. on Monday, deputies reported observing a vehicle with erratic lane travel on northbound Interstate 5 near exit 63. Deputies arrested Franklin Albert Farrington, 57, of Puyallup, on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Deputies Seek Suspect in Harassment
• At 9 a.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of harassment and violation of a no-contact order in the 200 block of Drews Prairie Road in Toledo. Deputies arrived later that morning and reviewed text messages and video chats the alleged victim received from a 39-year-old Toutle man who was prohibited by a court order from contacting her. The messages were harassing, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The suspect has been referred to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office for possible charges.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.