Centralia Police Department
Purse Stolen, Suspect Flees
• At 4:17 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of a purse in the 300 block of Lowe Street. A suspect described as a white man in his 20s reportedly stole a purse off a woman’s shoulder and fled into a wooded area. A Thurston County Sheriff’s Office K9 unit responded to help track the suspect but was unsuccessful. The case is under investigation.
Bank Fraud Under Investigation
• At 5:35 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of bank fraud from the 900 block of H Street. A victim reported their bank called to report a man attempting to fraudulently cash a check on their account.
• At 7:35 a.m. on Wednesday, a 1995 Honda vehicle was reported stolen in the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue.
• At 3:32 p.m. on Wednesday, mail was reported stolen in the 200 block of West Oakview Avenue.
Stolen Vehicle Recovered
• At 7:29 a.m. on Tuesday, a vehicle that had earlier been reported stolen to Chehalis Tribal Police was recovered abandoned in a parking lot in the 2500 block of Seward Avenue.
Computer, Change Stolen in Burglary
• At 7:37 a.m. on Wednesday, a burglary was reported in the 1900 block of Honeysuckle Lane. A computer and change were reported stolen.
• At 7:57 a.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 900 block of B Street. A CD player was stolen from the vehicle.
Counterfeit $10 Spotted
• At 11:37 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a suspect trying to use a counterfeit $10 bill in the 100 block of Belmont Avenue.
Chehalis Police Department
Roommate Steals Money
• At 3:19 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft from the 500 block of Southwest Pacific Avenue. A person reported their roommate stole money.
Theft Suspect Cited
• At 6:28 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue after receiving a report of a shoplifter. Matthew J. Rasmussen, 57, of Aberdeen, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Harassment Between Neighbors Reported
• At 7:36 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of harassment between neighbors in the 1500 block of North National Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Generator Reported Stolen
• A Honda E100 generator was recently reported stolen between 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from a property in the 200 block of Stub Road in Onalaska.
Chehalis Woman Arrested After Crash
• At 12:51 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 500 block of Tauscher Road in Chehalis after receiving a report of a one-vehicle rollover crash. A 2016 Kia Soul was found in a field off the road and was totaled. Driver Ruby M. Sprayberry, 26, of Chehalis was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 186 inmates with 159 in general population and 27 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 130 were male and 29 female and of WERC inmates, 23 were male and four female. One inmates is on work release and a total of 48 were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.