Centralia Police Department
Graffiti Reported on AC Unit
• At 7:31 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of graffiti on an air-conditioning unit in the 1200 block of West First Street.
• At 3:34 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of food from a convenience store in the 1000 block of Ellsbury Street.
• At 4 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft from a retail store in the 1200 block of Lum Road. Two pairs of jeans were reported stolen.
Chehalis Police Department
Theft Suspects Cited
• At 2:44 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Scotty Mullins, 34, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft. Mullins was accused of taking a backpack and filling it with car speakers, a USB charger and other miscellaneous items.
• At 5:51 p.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Dylan Pirtle, 29, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft. He allegedly tried to steal an air conditioning unit.
Assault Suspect Arrested
• At 8:26 a.m. on Thursday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 300 block of Southeast Fairview Avenue. Robert Gilbert, 36, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
• At 2:49 p.m. on Thursday, a cellphone was reported stolen in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way.
Man Reported Missing Found at Hospital
• At 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a missing person. A woman reported her husband was last seen in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue the previous evening. Police responded and learned the man was in a collision the previous night. He was located in an area hospital.
• At 5:25 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of harassment in the 1200 block of Bishop Road. A person reportedly made threatening calls to staff at the location.
Baby Left in Vehicle
• At 5:42 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report from the 1200 block of South Market Boulevard that a woman left a baby in a running vehicle while she went into a store.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Deputies Respond to Assault Report, Arrest Suspect
on Drug Charge
• At 10:49 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Katula Road in Chehalis for a report of an assault. A woman reported her roommate punched her in the face. Cassandra L. McBride was arrested on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act after deputies reportedly found drug paraphernalia in her possession, and referred her to prosecutors on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.
Gun, Cash Stolen in Burglary From RV
• At 10:27 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the 3300 block of Harrison Avenue after receiving a report of a burglary earlier in the past few hours to an RV. The RV’s resident reported a 22 caliber pistol, $3,700 in cash and a gold watch were taken. The incident is under investigation.
Olympia Man Faces Charge After Assault on Jail Deputy
• At 5:15 a.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the Lewis County Jail after receiving a report of an assault on a corrections deputy by an inmate at the jail. According to the Sheriff’s Office, the deputy, a 53-year-old woman, was handing the inmate water through a port in the cell door. The inmate reportedly grabbed her arm through the port and “violently pulled her into the doorway.” She had scratches and bruises, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The suspect, James M. Johnson, 48, of Olympia, is being referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office on suspicion of custodial assault. Johnson was released from the jail Friday morning, according to jail records.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.