Centralia Police Department
Bicycle Stolen from Storage Shed
• At 10:42 a.m. on Friday, police received a report of a burglary in the 1100 block of South Pearl Street. An unknown suspect removed a door lock and handle from a shed and stole a bicycle.
• At 10:49 a.m. on Friday, police recovered a Honda that had earlier been reported stolen in Olympia in an alley in the 1000 block of North Pearl Street.
• At 11:09 a.m. on Saturday, a stolen vehicle was found abandoned in the 1600 block of South Gold Street.
Hit and Runs
• At 1:28 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 500 block of West Main Street. A person reported a light blue passenger car rear-ended his truck and fled the scene at a high rate of speed. The victim reportedly tried to follow the suspect but lost track of the vehicle.
• At 6:13 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported at the intersection of Summa and Silver streets. A person reported a dark-colored SUV hit his vehicle and fled the scene.
Three Suspects Reported in Shoplifting
• At 5:03 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of shoplifting with three suspects in the 1400 block of Lum Road.
Female Suspect Passes Counterfeit Cash
• At 6:04 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a female suspect attempting to pass two counterfeit $100 bills in the 100 block of Harrison Avenue.
Man Steals Candy
• At 12:47 p.m. on Saturday, a theft was reported in the 1000 block of Ellsbury Street. A man in his 20s was accused of stealing candy.
• At 4:06 p.m. on Saturday, malicious mischief was reported in the 300 block of Yew Street. A window was damaged several weeks ago.
Social Security Card Taken in Vehicle Prowl
• At 8:39 a.m. on Sunday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 3000 block of Borst Avenue. A Social Security card was stolen.
Forgery Suspect Arrested
• At 5:52 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested John A. Schamel, 47, of Centralia, on suspicion of forgery.
Burglary Caught on Video
• At 11:09 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a burglary caught on a security video in the 300 block of Courtland Street.
Shoplifter Referred to Prosecutors
• At 1:44 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of a shoplifting in the 1300 block of Lum Road that occurred in October. The suspect was identified and will be referred to the Lewis County Prosecutor’s Office on suspicion of second-degree theft.
Suspect Flees When Stolen Truck Discovered
• At 11:43 a.m. on Sunday a Dodge truck was reported stolen at the intersection of South Iron and Pear streets. When the vehicle was found later, a person driving it fled the scene.
E-Cigarettes Stolen from Store
• At 1:40 p.m. on Sunday, two e-cigarette/vaping devices were reported stolen from a convenience store in the 600 block of Harrison Avenue.
• At 7:35 p.m. on Sunday, a black 1997 Honda Accord was reported stolen in the 700 block of Ash Street.
Man Booked After Allegedly Spitting on Woman
• At 8:26 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of an assault in the 1000 block of Scammon Creek Road. Carson D. Pendleton, 20, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault, domestic violence for allegedly spitting in a woman’s face during an argument.
Man Arrested After Tires Slashed
• At 11:41 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 2800 block of Russell Road and arrested Tyler M. Hall, 19, of Centralia, on suspicion of malicious mischief after he allegedly slashed a vehicle’s tire.
Centralia Man Arrested on Trespassing Charge
• At 12:20 a.m. on Monday, police responded to the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Lucas D.C. Bryan, 27, of Centralia, on suspicion of criminal trespass after he allegedly returned to a store he was banned from entering.
• At 6:53 a.m. on Monday, police received a report that gasoline was syphoned from a parked vehicle in the 300 block of South King Street.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 8:23 a.m. on Wednesday, a vehicle prowl was reported in the 1500 block of Snively Avenue. Tools were stolen from a truck bed with a canopy.
Multiple 911 Hangups Reported from Same Chehalis Number
• At 11:26 a.m. on Wednesday, dispatchers received a call from the 1300 block of North National Avenue from a woman who asked for McDonalds. The person called back at least seven times, asking for toilet paper and swearing at dispatchers, despite being told to stop calling.
Garbage Dispute Reported
• At 11:28 a.m. on Wednesday, a person in the 100 block of Southwest 12th Street reported their neighbor was dumping trash in their garbage cans, causing them to be charged extra for trash pickup.
Suspicious Man Seen Checking Mailboxes
• At 1:16 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a suspicious man wandering in people’s yards and looking in mailboxes that didn’t belong to him. No arrests were reported.
• At 11:35 p.m. on Wednesday, a trespasser was reported in a store in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Vehicle Windows Shattered
• At 9:48 p.m. on Thursday, malicious mischief was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A vehicle’s windshield was shattered.
• At 7:59 a.m. on Friday, malicious mischief was reported to a vehicle in the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. A vehicle’s window was shattered.
Angry Customer Dumps Coffee on Staff
• At 10:14 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 600 block of Southwest Cascade Avenue. A person reported all four of a vehicle’s tires were slashed.
Napavine Woman Arrested on Burglary Charge for Alleged Shoplifting
• At 12:51 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. Dawn R. Toy, 33, of Napavine, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary due to previously being banned from the store, and referred to prosecutors on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly attempting to take $89 in merchandise.
• At 5:48 p.m. on Saturday, a 1989 Honda civic was reported stolen in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 11:44 a.m. on Sunday, a burglary was reported in the 100 block of North Market Boulevard.
McCleary Resident Booked on Theft, Drug Charges
• At 1:36 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue after receiving a report of a shoplifter. Angi M. Benzshawel, 44, of McCleary, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft. As she was being booked into the jail, officers reported finding drug paraphernalia. She is also being charged with violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
Juveniles Caught Shoplifting
• At 4:44 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of two juveniles shoplifting in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard. No arrests were made.
Olympia Resident Booked for Theft of Baby Formula
• At 7:36 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. Evan J. Bruner, 28, of Olympia, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly taking $297.90 in baby formula.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
• At 11:04 p.m. on Friday, deputies stopped a driver for improper lane travel in the 3300 block of Jackson Highway in Chehalis. Driver Benjamin M. Kostick, 59, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• At 2 a.m. on Saturday, deputies stopped a speeding vehicle in the 900 block of U.S. Highway 12 in Napavine and arrested driver Randy M. Lentz, 60, of Napavine, on suspicion of DUI.
TVs, Drill Stolen from Storage Unit
• On Thursday, deputies responded to the 2200 block of Southwest Salsbury Avenue in Chehalis to a report of a burglary to a storage unit. A woman reported she secured her storage unit the previous night and on Thursday found the lock was missing and two TVs and a drill had been stolen.
Jail Inmate Faces Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 10:31 a.m. on Friday, deputies received a report of malicious mischief at the Lewis County Jail involving damage done by an inmate to a communications kiosk and a phone, valued together at $1,750. Joel L. Kaech, 27, of Seattle, already an inmate on another charge, is now facing an additional charge of second-degree malicious mischief.
Vehicle Stolen, Found in Parking Lot
• At 7:32 a.m. on Sunday, deputies received a report of a theft of a 1995 Honda Accord from the 1600 block of Windsor Avenue in Centralia. The vehicle was taken the previous night, and was recovered later that day abandoned in a parking lot in the 1300 block of Grand Avenue in Centralia.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 218 inmates, including 186 in general population and 32 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 157 were male and 29 female and of WERC inmates, 26 were male and six female.