Centralia Police Department
Vehicles Damaged in Crashes
• At 3:16 p.m. on Friday, a two-vehicle collision was reported in the 1800 block of Cooks Hill Road. No injuries were reported. Both vehicles were damaged.
• At 4:45 p.m. on Friday, a two-vehicle collision was reported in the 100 block of North Tower Avenue. No injuries were reported. Both vehicles were damaged.
• At 6:49 a.m. on Saturday, police received a report that a male suspect stole food in the 600 block of South Tower Avenue.
Accused Shoe Thief Flees on Bicycle
• At 9:36 a.m. on Saturday, shoes were reported stolen from a store in the 100 block of West High Street in Centralia. The suspect allegedly fled the scene on a bicycle.
Hit and Runs
• At 12:29 p.m. on Saturday, a hit and run damaging a parked vehicle was reported in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue. A witness was able to provide the license plate number of the fleeing vehicle, according to the Police Department.
• At 12:09 p.m. on Sunday, a hit and run was reported in the 200 block of South Pearl Street. Jeffrey S. Palmer, 61, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of hit and run, unattended.
• At 9:41 a.m. on Saturday, gasoline was reported stolen from a vehicle the previous night in the 1700 block of Providence Lane.
• At 6:58 p.m. on Saturday, a bottle of liquor was reported stolen from a store in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue.
Rock Shatters Window
• At 12:48 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a rock shattering a window of a residence in the 400 block of South Iron Street.
Centralia Man Booked on Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 6:54 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1500 block of Pike Street and arrested Omar Perez-Ramirez, 25, of Centralia, on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence.
Cell Phone Stolen
• At 3:54 p.m. on Sunday, a cell phone was reported stolen from the 200 block of West Maple Street.
Theft From Business Reported
• At 5:21 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a theft of merchandise from a business in the 1300 block of Lum Road.
Woman Booked on Drug Charge
• At 10:19 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue and arrested Ashley E. Howland, 29, of Chehalis, on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. She was also referred to prosecutors on suspicion of providing false information to police.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 12:51 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of a theft of a dog and puppies in the 600 block of Southeast Dobson Court.
Woman Cited on Malicious Mischief Charge
• At 4:06 p.m. on Friday, police received a report from the 300 block of Northwest Georgia Avenue of a woman trashing a house, damaging plants and an air conditioner. Amber Estorja, 30, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief, domestic violence.
Hit and Run
• At 3:17 p.m. on Friday, a hit and run was reported in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard. The suspect vehicle was described as a red truck.
Women Attempt Cat Theft
• At 7:50 p.m. Friday, police received a report of an attempted theft of a pet cat. A woman reported her son returned home to find two women in their yard with a cat carrier attempting to steal their cat.
Loud Music Generates Complaint
• At 10:50 p.m. on Friday, police received a report of loud music at an address in the 1200 block of Southwest Elzina Street.
Accused Shoplifters Cited
• At 2:47 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a shoplifter in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. James M. Rada, 36, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
• At 5:02 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a report of a theft in the 1100 block of South Market Boulevard of $600 in merchandise. Carrie L. Pena, 38, of Toledo, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft.
Vehicle Damaged in Malicious Mischief
• At 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of malicious mischief to a vehicle in the 800 block of Southwest Chehalis Avenue. The incident reportedly occurred in the past two days.
Possible Vehicle Prowlers Spotted
• At 5:56 p.m. on Saturday, police received a report of two people looking into vehicles in the 1100 block of Sylvenus Street.
Driver Arrested on DUI Charge
• At 9:20 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to the intersection of Northwest State Avenue and Prindle street and arrested Kane M. Crozier, 40, of Cheha
lis, on suspicion of DUI.
Man Booked on Drug Charge
• At 1:29 a.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 300 block of Southwest Third Street and arrested Jesse Bowen, 35, on suspicion of violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
Dispute Ends in Smashed Window
• At 9:38 a.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a disturbance in which a man smashed a woman’s car window in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue. No arrests were made.
Police Respond to Suspicious Dumpster Fire
• At 12:43 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a dumpster fire in the 100 block of Southwest Interstate Avenue. The fire reportedly spread to brush near the dumpster.
Police Received Report of Minivan Racing
• At 7:12 p.m. on Sunday, police received a report of a minivan racing and doing burnouts in the neighborhood near the intersection of Southwest 10th Street and Cascade Avenue. No arrests were made.
Credit Card Fraud
• At 1:07 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an unlawful use of a credit card number in the 300 block of Northeast Washington Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Electronics, Rifle Stolen in Centralia Burglary
• At 10:40 p.m. on Saturday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the 1800 block of Salzer Valley Road in Centralia. An Xbox One, Xbox 360, Samsung phone, LG phone, iPhone, watches, and a Remington rifle were reported stolen, a $4,000 value. The report is under investigation.
Vehicle, Motorcycle Collide on Lincoln Creek Road
• At 10:40 a.m. on Sunday, deputies received a report of a collision between a motorcycle and a truck near the intersection of Lincoln Creek and Teague roads in Centralia. A 75-year-old male driver of a Ford F-150 reportedly turned onto Lincoln Creek Road and was struck in its right rear end by a 1984 Honda motorcycle ridden by a 20-year old Centralia man. The motorcycle rider was ejected and received injuries to his ankle and wrist. He was transported by a family member to Providence Centralia Hospital.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Tuesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 204 inmates, with 181 in general population and 23 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 146 were male and 35 female and of WERC inmates, 19 were male and four female. A total of 49 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.