Centralia Police Department
Suspect Arrested on Drug Charge
- At 7:54 a.m. on Wednesday, police arrested James L. Costalez, 37, of Chehalis, in the 900 block of Ellsbury Street on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine.
- At 1:48 p.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a theft of prescription medication from the 1700 block of Sunset Way.
Shelton Resident Cited for Drinking at Bus Stop
- At 7:24 p.m. on Wednesday, police cited Randy W. Hausinger, 55, of Shelton, on suspicion of unlawful transit conduct in the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue after he was seen drinking alcohol at a bus stop.
Hit and Run
- At 10:47 p.m. on Wednesday, a hit and run was reported in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue. No arrests were made. The fleeing vehicle was described as a blue sedan.
Suspect Cited for Vandalism to Car
- At 1:05 a.m. on Thursday, police cited Stacy M. Burleson, 41 of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of third-degree malicious mischief at the intersection of Oxford Avenue and Warren Street after she allegedly threw a baseball bat at a vehicle.
- At 9:47 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a fourth-degree assault that occurred in the past month in the 100 block of West First Street.
Cash Stolen in Burglary
- At 10:03 a.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a theft of cash from a residence in the 600 block of Lakeshore Drive.
- At 1:07 p.m. on Thursday, a yellow 1986 Mazda truck was reported stolen from the 300 block of West Pine Street in Centralia.
Child Molestation Reported
- At 4:18 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of possible child molestation in the 2800 block of Russell Road.
Shelton Suspect Arrested After Disturbance at Hospital
- At 9:12 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Randy W. Hausinger, 55, of Shelton, was arrested on suspicion of interfering with a health care facility in the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. Hausinger allegedly “caused a scene” and refused to leave the hospital, according to the police department.
Chehalis Police Department
Items Stolen from Purse
- At 4:49 p.m. on Wednesday, items were reported stolen from a purse in the 100 block of Southwest Fifth Street.
Assault Suspect Arrested
- At 10:44 p.m. on Thursday, police arrested Gregory J. Peterson, 46, of Chehalis, in the 1600 block of Southeast Aust Manor Drive on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Hit and Run
- At 12:59 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 400 block of North Market Boulevard.
Tow Dolly Stolen
- At 3:43 p.m. on Thursday, a tow dolly was reported stolen from the 2100 block of North National Avenue.
Vehicle Egged, Tires Slashed
- At 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, police received a report that a vehicle was egged and its tires were slashed in the 200 block of West Main Street.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Burglary Reported at Mossyrock Home
- At 12:10 p.m. on Tuesday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Lake Terrace Place in Mossyrock for a report of a residential burglary. A person housesitting at the residence reported an unknown suspect forced open a rear door and took a TV and possibly other items.
- A Stihl chainsaw valued at $1,000 was reported stolen Thursday in the 2700 block of Graf Road in Centralia. The chainsaw was reportedly stolen from the back of a truck parked in the location between 7 p.m. on Wednesday and 2 p.m. Thursday. The report is under investigation.
Burglary Suspect Caught Stealing Wood from Barn
• At noon on Thursday, deputies responded to a reported burglary in progress in the 200 block of Stearns Road in Chehalis. Jeffery Picket, 47, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary after deputies arrived to find him taking wooden boards from a barn.