Centralia Police Department
14-Year-Old Faces Charge After Crash
• At 2:29 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 600 block of West Main Street to a report of a two-vehicle collision with an injury. A 14-year-old boy driving one of the vehicles is being referred to Lewis County Juvenile Court on suspicion of driving without a license. The owner of the vehicle was reportedly unaware the teen had taken the car.
• At 3:46 p.m. on Tuesday, $20 was reported stolen in the 1300 block of Alexander Street.
Driver Arrested on DUI After Driving Through Gate
• At 3:57 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to a report of a person driving a vehicle through a closed gate at Centralia College in the 500 block of West Pear Street. The driver, Mahlon L. Wigginton, 62, of Centralia, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. No injuries were reported.
Purse Taken from Vehicle
• At 4:04 p.m. on Tuesday, a purse was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of East Main Street. The theft reportedly occurred two weeks ago.
Hit and Run
• At 11:34 p.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 2900 block of Mt. Vista Road. The suspect vehicle, described as a blue Chrysler Pacifica, hit a parked vehicle. An investigation is ongoing.
Suspects Dine and Dash
• At 1:22 a.m. on Wednesday, police received a report of a dine and dash in the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue. Two subjects reportedly ate about $60 in food at a restaurant and left without paying.
Chehalis Police Department
Caller Reports Bag of Marijuana, Discovers it’s Just Tobacco
• At 10:06 a.m. on Monday, a person reported finding a bag of marijuana on the sidewalk near the intersection of Pacific Avenue and Center Street. A woman reportedly came along and informed the caller the bag actually contained tobacco.
Man Cited for Indecent Exposure
• At 11:38 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of a man allegedly seen masturbating in a bathroom with the door open in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way. Sean C. Morgan, 29, of Centralia, was cited on suspicion of indecent exposure.
Purse Stolen from Vehicle
• At 12:46 p.m. on Monday, a purse was reported stolen from a car in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. An unknown suspect later attempted to use a credit card from the purse.
• At 1:16 p.m. on Monday, residents in the 600 block of Southwest William Avenue reported someone “tagging” their garage in the past hour.
Woman Arrested After Dispute
• At 3:28 p.m. on Monday, police responded to a report of a physical dispute near the intersection of National Avenue and Division Street in Chehalis. Lorraine D. Ashing, 33, of Tacoma, was arrested on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Hit and Run
• At 3:52 p.m. on Monday, a hit and run was reported in the 2500 block of North National Avenue.
Theft Suspect Cited
• At 4:40 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a shoplifter in the 1700 block of North National Avenue. William C. Herington, 59, of Chehalis, was cited on suspicion of third-degree theft for allegedly attempting to take $200 in merchandise.
Hit and Run
• At 8:08 a.m. on Tuesday, a hit and run was reported in the 2100 block of North National Avenue. A vehicle reportedly hit a guardrail and didn’t stop.
• At 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, an attempted burglary was reported on Southeast Third Street.
• At 5:14 p.m. on Tuesday, a red Toyota pickup truck was reported stolen in the 200 block of Southwest James Street.
Malicious Mischief at McDonald’s
• At 7:12 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of malicious mischief at the McDonald’s at Walmart in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
Street Racing Reported
• At 8:16 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of street racing in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. No arrests were made.
Fight Reported at Bar
• At 9:19 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a fight in a bar in the 300 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue. No arrests were made.
California Man Arrested After ‘Inappropriate Touching’
• At 10:22 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 300 block of Southwest Third Street to a report of “inappropriate touching,” according to the Chehalis Police Department. Jaime Santos-Apolonio, 26, of Sacramento, California, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail on suspicion of fourth-degree assault.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Driver Arrested After Crash
• At 2:10 a.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of a car crash at milepost 4 of Pe Ell-McDonald Road in Pe Ell. Deputies arrived to find a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo with significant damage on its roof in a ditch. Deputies contacted a woman at the scene, who told them she wasn’t the driver. However, deputies determined the woman, identified as Shannon J. Brooks, 41, of Chehalis, was driving, and arrested her on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Cash Drawer Stolen from Coffee Stand
• At 7:11 a.m. on Monday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Cowlitz Loop Road in Toledo to a report of a burglary. Unknown suspects broke a window and took a cash register drawer and $82 from a coffee stand. The investigation is ongoing.
Locks Damaged, Game Camera Stolen at Randle Burglary
• At 9:53 a.m. on Monday, deputies received a report of a burglary occurring on or before Aug. 9 in the 600 block of Skinner Road in Randle. Three locks were damaged and a game camera was stolen. The victim learned of the burglary on Aug. 9, when a neighbor called him to report trespassers on the property.
Campers Damaged in Storage Facility Break-In
• At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary the previous night in the 2400 block of Harrison Avenue. Two campers and a chain link fence were damaged.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 203 inmates, including 177 in general population and 26 in its Work Ethic and Restitution Center. Of general population inmates, 137 were men and 40 were women. Of WERC inmates, 22 were men and four women. A total of 47 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or email@example.com.