Centralia Police Department
Semi Causes Hit and Run
• At 9:04 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a hit and run in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue. The causing vehicle, a semi, was turning when part of its trailer hit a car.
Radio, Tools Stolen From Truck in Garage
• At 11:39 a.m. on Tuesday, a burglary to a garage was reported in the 1000 block of North Pearl Street. A CB radio, tools and a power inverter were reported stolen from a truck in the garage.
• At 3:28 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a burglary to a shed in the 500 block of South Pearl Street.
Man Steals Shoes
• At 6:54 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft in the 1300 block of Lum Road. A man reportedly took a pair of shoes and fled the store.
• At 7:46 p.m. on Tuesday, a 1985 Chevrolet S10 truck was reported stolen in the 700 block of Harrison Avenue.
Rock Shatters Window
• At 6:47 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of malicious mischief in the 1800 block of Van Wormer Street. A suspect threw a rock, shattering a window.
Teen Arrested on Reckless Driving Charge
• At 3:42 p.m. on Wednesday, police responded to a vehicle crash near the intersection of Long Road and Alder Street in which a vehicle struck a tree. A 17-year-old boy was cited and released to his parents on suspicion of reckless driving and driving without a license.
Chehalis Police Department
• At 10:19 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an attempted theft in the 2100 block of Southwest Olympic Drive.
• At 2:26 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a theft in the 300 block of North Market Boulevard.
• At 4:36 p.m. on Monday, a third-degree theft was reported in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
• At 2:05 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a second-degree theft in the 100 block of Northeast Hampe Way. No arrests were made.
• At 2:42 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of graffiti sprayed on a house in the 600 block of Southeast Adams Avenue.
Driver Arrested in Hit and Run
• At 11:52 p.m. on Monday, police received a report of a hit and run damaging a light pole in the 500 block of Northwest Pacific Avenue. Driver Brenden T. Webster, 23, of Chehalis, was arrested on suspicion of hit and run.
Loud Party Generates Complaint
• At 12:04 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a complaint about a loud party at a house at the intersection of Pacific Avenue and Eighth Street.
Green Hill Inmate Referred for Custodial Assault
• At 2:44 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of an assault by an inmate of Green Hill School, in the 300 block of Southwest 11th Street, against staff members. The incident reportedly occurred on Nov. 26. Juwan M. Williams, 19, is being referred to prosecutors on suspicion of one count of custodial assault.
• At 2:47 p.m. on Tuesday, police received a report of a theft of a prescription medication from a car parked in the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue.
Lewis County Sheriff’s Office
Guns, Vehicle Taken in Chehalis Burglary
• On Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary between 12:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. that day at a residence in the 700 block of Deep Creek Road in Chehalis. Numerous rifles and shotguns, a wallet, a trailer hitch, slippers and two bows valued together at about $3,900 were taken. A 2006 Ford Ranger with a canopy was also reported stolen. The truck was later found abandoned and missing the canopy in the 2000 block of Big Hanaford Road.
$10,000 Coin Collection Stolen
• At 5:57 p.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a burglary in the 1300 block of Eshom Road in Centralia. The victim, a 79-year-old man, reported $10,000 in collector coins stolen from an unsecured safe in a garage, according to the sheriff’s office.
Tools Stolen Over Several Days from Cinebar Address
• On Tuesday, deputies responded to the 100 block of Madden Road in Cinebar to a report of thefts of items including saws, tools and a compressor stolen from a property in the past week. At 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, deputies received a report of another theft, after they took an initial report, of a gas generator.
Lewis County Jail Statistics
• As of Thursday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total system population of 215 inmates including 179 in general population, 34 in the Work Ethic and Restitution Center and two on work release. Of general population inmates, 137 were male and 42 female and of WERC inmates, 30 were male and four female. A total of 56 inmates were booked through contracts with agencies outside Lewis County.
By The Chronicle Staff
Please call news reporter Natalie Johnson with news tips. She can be reached at 807-8235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.